Your Favorite Band of All Time
Oct 5, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #46 of 172
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful South is one of my favourite bands too. I remember working on the pop video of their single "How long's a tear take to dry?" (low-budget cartoon!
biggrin.gif
) and was totally fascinated by the lyrics. Great music.

oh yeah they have some stunning videos

Oct 6, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #49 of 172
Quote:

Originally Posted by deepsix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont know what my favorite is but some pretty great bands IMO are:
Dinosaur Jr

I have been enjoying Dinosaur Jr.'s latest album. Glad they're still producing great music.

Oct 6, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #50 of 172
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This would appear to be a very generational question, as in the bands that forged one's youth.

That's very well put.

For me, the greatest will be in no particular order but very deep personal connections and memories.

The Clash- first music that I loved that my parents hated (something about jumping in the Thames to escape the bomb freaked them out)

Talking Heads- first band that really showed me music could be art

Joy Division- found because of a girl who would break my heart, but showed me that I wasn't alone in those feelings

EDIT: Honorable mention to Elvis Costello via Nick Lowe. I used to play "what's so funny bout peace and understanding" when i was ticked at my parents

Oct 7, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #51 of 172
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's very well put.

For me, the greatest will be in no particular order but very deep personal connections and memories.

The Clash- first music that I loved that my parents hated (something about jumping in the Thames to escape the bomb freaked them out)

Talking Heads- first band that really showed me music could be art

Joy Division- found because of a girl who would break my heart, but showed me that I wasn't alone in those feelings

EDIT: Honorable mention to Elvis Costello via Nick Lowe. I used to play "what's so funny bout peace and understanding" when i was ticked at my parents

Great picks! Out of your top 3 who's your favorite?

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #54 of 172
Yum!Yum!ORANGE

Very upbeat j-ska... What makes me like them, is the very catchy brass sections and basslines, probably the sweetest vocalist I´ve ever heard and seen and the way they make their music. They don´t try to boost the sales with anything, they simply made good and honest ska no matter how un-trendy it is. Always gets me in a bit better mood when I hear this band.

PanterA

Dimebag Darrell being probably my favorite guitarist most likely explains a lot... ;D And, they were simply kicking ass more than anyone! In metal, huge amount of my favorite riffs and solos came from the strings of Dime´s Dean ML.

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #58 of 172
I have to say probably Radiohead.

But others that were close are Coldplay, and Rise Against. I like the older stuff just don't love it though...

Oct 8, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #60 of 172
I do not have a favorite band only a lot of favorite LPs. No one band could be it for me now. When I was 16 I had a favorite band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back