your cheeseburger eating record
Aug 4, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #61 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
Ah I remember as a child having Knickerbocker Glories in the Wimpy in Bridlington (I think) in East Yorkshire, and burgers surrounded by sausages cut in several places, halved tomatoes and tea in metal pots - sigh, the chefs in the Knightsbridge Wimpy in the 80s used to show off by flipping the burgers several feet in the air.

Though being mostly meat free now make mine a QuornBurger
biggrin.gif

Ah the knickerbocker glories! "memories like the corner of my mind" <singing> Halcion days indeed! Halved tomatoes, metal teapots, cucumber sandwiches and pimms on the lawn..... what on earth has become of this fine land these days? we eat on the pavement out of polystyrene cartons, class good service by how fast it takes a spotty youth in a red and white hat to throw a bag of wrapped burgers into our unwashed hands and use alien language like "2 large fries and a regular coke, hold the ice"
frown.gif

I say bring back the knives and forks, the Wimpy sauce bottles and reintroduce the metal teapots
biggrin.gif

squeezy.jpg

BTW, I'll pass on the QuornBurger and all that designer rabbit food they are trying to pass off as alternatives to beef. If it doesn't moooo I don't eat it.

wimpy.jpg

The great man himself
biggrin.gif

burger_pic.GIF

Aug 4, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #62 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd

BTW, I'll pass on the QuornBurger and all that designer rabbit food they are trying to pass off as alternatives to beef. If it doesn't moooo I don't eat it.

Well, I used to share an office with a Guerilla vegetarian, who would say things like "I'm a vegetarian but I dont preach about it" - then he would come into work wearing a "I dont eat my friends t-shirt" (hmmm).

I went veggie for health reasons rather than ideology and I must admit the first 3 or 4 years of tasteless cardboard veggie burgers, brown rice and soy-cheese were a big drag, however I have to admit Quorn is pretty damn good, a Quorn grounds chilli is not far off the real thing and er a bit lower in fat, of course I spoil this by eating lots of Pizza and Cherry Pie hence the 240lbs, ho hum.

Perhaps I will start a who is the fattest b*****d on headfi thread
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 5, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #64 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
Perhaps I will start a who is the fattest b*****d on headfi thread
evil_smiley.gif

I wouldn't win that title as I'm only 15 stone in a 6ft 4" frame, if anything I could do with putting a serious amount of weight on.... a month eating big macs, chips and coke may do the trick
eek.gif

Aug 5, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #65 of 78
Has anyone tried one of the unbelievably priced gourmet cheesburgers I've heard about in NYC & L.A. ? They cost $25 to $45 each. I hear there's a place in Toronto selling them for $27 . If I can find out where the place is, I'll likely be stupid enough to try one.

Aug 5, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #67 of 78
My favorite food,

A bowl of vegetable and pork wonton (not the bastardized ones you find in the U.S.).

A serving of vegetable buns (not the bastardized ones you find in the U.S.)

Springs rolls (not the bastardized ones you find in the U.S.)

A serving of soup dumplings (in this case, I actually prefer the bastardized ones you find in the U.S.)

A bowl of curry flavored beef soup

Soy milk (not the bastardized vanilla flavored ones you find in the U.S.)

Aug 6, 2004 at 12:51 AM Post #68 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
My favorite food,

A bowl of vegetable and pork wonton (not the bastardized ones you find in the U.S.).

A serving of vegetable buns (not the bastardized ones you find in the U.S.)

Springs rolls (not the bastardized ones you find in the U.S.)

A serving of soup dumplings (in this case, I actually prefer the bastardized ones you find in the U.S.)

A bowl of curry flavored beef soup

Soy milk (not the bastardized vanilla flavored ones you find in the U.S.)

i don't know why for many americans chinese food = sweet and sour chicken and fortune cookies
confused.gif
we don't even have them in china.
stupid china express, messing up all the good chinese food...a self-loving chinese like me will never eat there.

Aug 18, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #72 of 78
Aug 18, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #74 of 78
I have no idea, but I'm guessing I could definitely eat a huge amount of those McDonald's cheeseburgers. The triple cheeseburgers, which I can only find at one out of like a million local McDonald's are awesome, I'm guessing I could eat like 10 of them if I tried.

Aug 18, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #75 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
Burger1.jpg
Burger2.jpg
Burger3.jpg
Burger4.jpg

I wonder what they're going to have for dessert.

We had a local diner here once (not in business anymore) that used to serve a burger of similar size to the one pictured above, only thing was that they had the burger plated and served on one of those steel garbage can covers (a clean garbage can cover that is). The monsterous burger at that particular diner had a diameter as large as the garbage can cover and was stacked as high as the the burger picture above. IIRC that particular burger at that diner would set you back $25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back