Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Apr 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #5,656 of 6,671
Quote:
I've honestly got it down as much as I can...At this point I'm going to have to grab everything, see official prices and make the really tough cuts. Here's my list.

* All That Remains - The Fall of Ideals
* Blind Melon - Blind Melon + Sipping Time EP
Flaming Lips - Zaireeka
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
* Sly & The Family Stone - I Want to Take You Higher
* Dazed & Confused Soundtrack
* Dave Brubeck Trio - Distinctive Rhythm Instrumentals
* Notorious BIG - Ready to Die
* White Stripes - Elephant (10th Anniversary)
The Roots - Things Fall Apart
Lamb of God - New American Gospel

* = Must buy. There's a few 7" not listed.

I'm definitely with you on both the Blind Melon and White Stripes albums as "must buys."
Also hoping I manage to find the Rolling Stones' 5x5 EP, but I am not holding my breath.

Topping my list are the two collaborations by The Black Keys & the Stooges (7") and Grouplove, Manchester Orchestra & Frightened Rabbit (7").

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #5,657 of 6,671
Most of the Side by Side 7" can be picked up later, I've found. My shop still has quite a few of them from previous years, actually.

Grab 'em if you REALLY REALLY want them, but don't cut other, bigger releases for them.

The White Stripes package is sooooo good. Third Man is always good, but getting a 100% analog recording on some really cool LPs. Not to mention the extra track.

Quote:
I'm definitely with you on both the Blind Melon and White Stripes albums as "must buys."
Also hoping I manage to find the Rolling Stones' 5x5 EP, but I am not holding my breath.

Topping my list are the two collaborations by The Black Keys & the Stooges (7") and Grouplove, Manchester Orchestra & Frightened Rabbit (7").

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #5,658 of 6,671
Quote:
Most of the Side by Side 7" can be picked up later, I've found. My shop still has quite a few of them from previous years, actually.

Grab 'em if you REALLY REALLY want them, but don't cut other, bigger releases for them.

The White Stripes package is sooooo good. Third Man is always good, but getting a 100% analog recording on some really cool LPs. Not to mention the extra track.

Thanks for the advice. I'll certainly keep that in mind.
That said, the Black Keys & Stooges 7" record looks amazing(ly tempting):

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #5,659 of 6,671
Oh absolutely. It's on my list of 7" to get. They're often super cheap, so it's no biggie...but I want about...20 of the 7" releases...so it adds up.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I'll certainly keep that in mind.
That said, the Black Keys & Stooges 7" record looks amazing(ly tempting):

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #5,660 of 6,671
My dilemma that I am mulling over right now is my plan of action to hopefully secure some of the rarer/more-sought-after albums.
Whether I should just go straight into Manhattan to try my luck at the multitude of participating stores in a relatively tight area (with tons of people) or just hit the stores closer by in the Bronx & NJ.

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #5,662 of 6,671
Quote:
I've honestly got it down as much as I can...At this point I'm going to have to grab everything, see official prices and make the really tough cuts. Here's my list.

* All That Remains - The Fall of Ideals
* Blind Melon - Blind Melon + Sipping Time EP
Flaming Lips - Zaireeka
* Sly & The Family Stone - I Want to Take You Higher
* Dazed & Confused Soundtrack
* Dave Brubeck Trio - Distinctive Rhythm Instrumentals
* Notorious BIG - Ready to Die
* White Stripes - Elephant (10th Anniversary)
The Roots - Things Fall Apart
Lamb of God - New American Gospel

* = Must buy. There's a few 7" not listed.

I have already narrowed it down to 3 albums (all of which are on your aforementioned list). Just to add, The Roots "Things Fall Apart" is a RSD first release, meaning that it will see a general release in a month or so....

Quote:
My dilemma that I am mulling over right now is my plan of action to hopefully secure some of the rarer/more-sought-after albums.
Whether I should just go straight into Manhattan to try my luck at the multitude of participating stores in a relatively tight area (with tons of people) or just hit the stores closer by in the Bronx & NJ.

living in downtown Toronto, I'm just going to my store around the corner, which will definitely be flooded with people. think i'm going to head over early before the store opens.

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #5,663 of 6,671
I have already narrowed it down to 3 albums (all of which are on your aforementioned list). Just to add, The Roots "Things Fall Apart" is a RSD first release, meaning that it will see a general release in a month or so....

living in downtown Toronto, I'm just going to my store around the corner, which will definitely be flooded with people. think i'm going to head over early before the store opens.

I know on The Roots, but that album is fantastic and I'd like to get it if I can. I pulled the Black Sunday reissue off the list because it's only RSD first as well.

never been to a record store day, whats the average price on the 7"s?

Under $10. I see most of the Side by Side 45s for $6.

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #5,664 of 6,671
Quote:
I know on The Roots, but that album is fantastic and I'd like to get it if I can. I pulled the Black Sunday reissue off the list because it's only RSD first as well.
Under $10. I see most of the Side by Side 45s for $6.

wow, cheaper than i expected, i might have to pick a few up 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #5,665 of 6,671

Liquid Tension Experiment 2 (Sky Blue with Black Splatter)
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory (w/ Extra 10" and Poster)
David Bowie - Drive in Saturday (7" Picture Disc)
Ninja Tune - if (Compilation)
Lamb of God - New American Gospel (Grey Marbled w/ Black Splatter)
Pink Floyd - See Emily Play (7" Pink)
Mumford & Sons - Live at Bull Moose (10")
Sly & The Family Stone - I Want to Take You Higher (10" Red)
The Doors/X - Soul Kitchen (7" Clear)
Misfits/Lemonheads - Skulls (7" Picture Disc)

White Stripes - Elephant (Black/Red Split, White)
All That Remains - The Fall of Ideals (Blue/Black Marbled)
Deep Purple/Type O Negative - Highway Star (7" Clear/Purple)
David Bowie - The Stars (Are Out Tonight) [7"]
Between the Buried & Me - The Anatomy Of (Orange)
Wings - Maybe I'm Amazed (Single, Mono/Stereo Mixes)
The Stooges/Black Keys - No Fun (7" Orange/Red)
Dio/Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver (7" Burgundy)
Dave Brubeck Trio - Distinctive Rhythm Instrumentals (10" Red)

Record Store Day. Ouch.

EDIT: I think that See Emily Play will be the first record I keep sealed. They packaged it all stupid and I feel the sleeves would be screwed if I opened it.

EDIT2: Forgot about 2 other 7" records.
Katatonia - Buildings (7" Clear)
Atlas Moth/Wulvhammer - Black Trees/Burn (7" Grey Marble)

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #5,666 of 6,671
Damn, i didnt get nearly as much as you did, and it seems you found a copy of Lamb of God, whereas, I, got so excited that i got a copy of Blind Melon for Eee Pee, that i forgot to get Lamb of God, and realized it on my way back to work -_-  anyways heres my own loot!

All That Remains - The Fall of Ideals
Between the Buried and Me - The Anatomy Of
Between the Buried and Me - Parallax 1 & 2
Blind Melon
The Postal Service - Give Up
The White Stripes - Elephant 10th anniversary edition
Testament 7"
Dio/Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver Split
Atlas Moth/Wolvhammer Split

also, holy heck i was not prepared to the prices on some of these when i got to the counter, i wasnt even looking at what they cost when i was grabbing them. The BTBAM Box was 92 DOLLARS!!!! ridiculous, hybrid theory for 31 was kind of a rip off as well.

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #5,669 of 6,671
I passed on The Roots due to the fact it'll be available later...but I missed out on the BIG.

Quote:
Nice finds Morbid & Soup !!

Record Store Day success for me too.

Phish - Lawn Boy
BIG - Ready To Die
Blind Melon - Blind Melon + Sipping Time EP
The Roots - Thing Fall Apart

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #5,670 of 6,671
Quote:
WAIT WAIT WAIT. YOU GOT HIM A COPY? GIVE IT TO ME, HE FOUND ONE. HOLY ****.

Lol PM me, maybe we can work something out, cuase honestly, i dont even know who they are :p i just got it cause i knew Eee Pee wanted it and had tried two stores and messaged me begging to try to get him one. That, All That Remains, and both BTBAM LPs were all the only copies they had, i think the testament 7" might have been the only one as well...got some people eyeballin my armload on the way to the register for sure, too bad they didnt show up as early as i did
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back