Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Jul 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #5,012 of 6,671
Zammuto (Self-titled)
Isle of Dogs by Tigercats
Europe by Allo Darlin'

Pt. II: The New December by Fol Chen
Doolittle by The Pixies (re-purchase - lost the CD at some point)

Jul 22, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #5,013 of 6,671
2:54 - S/T
Blood Red Shoes - In Time to Voices
Breton - Other People's Problems
Dirty Projectors - Swing Lo Magellan
Elliott Brood - Days into Years
Holograms - S/T
Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires - There is a Bomb in Gilead
Prinzhorn Dance School - Clay Class
Ravens & Chimes - Holiday Life

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #5,014 of 6,671
APG550 - Lost Day Never Again [lossless download from Bandcamp]
Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children
BT - If the Stars Are Eternal So Are You and I
Burzum - Umskiptar
deadmau5 - Random Album Title

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #5,015 of 6,671

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #5,017 of 6,671
These arrived today:

AVTechNO! - IVVVI                                                OSTER project - OSTERさんのベスト [Blu-Spec CD + DVD]

Various Artists - Blue Princess Memories                                                               8#Prince - Distorted Princess

Edit
That's my very first Blu-Spec CD actually... Didn't think I'd ever own one, but now I guess I do.
Also, I rearranged the pictures to a (hopefully) more eye-pleasing layout.

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #5,019 of 6,671
Quote:
These arrived today:

AVTechNO! - IVVVI                                                OSTER project - OSTERさんのベスト [Blu-Spec CD + DVD]

Various Artists - Blue Princess Memories                                                               8#Prince - Distorted Princess

Edit
That's my very first Blu-Spec CD actually... Didn't think I'd ever own one, but now I guess I do.
Also, I rearranged the pictures to a (hopefully) more eye-pleasing layout.

Can I ask where do you purchase your CDs?  I only know of CDJapan and YesAsia.

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #5,021 of 6,671
Quote:
How are you liking the new BT stuff?

I hadn't listened to the album before today, but when I saw your message I decided to move to album to #1 on my "listening queue" and just finished listening to it. If the Stars... is the second album I've heard from BT, the first one being Ima, and I didn't really have any expectations when I started listening to it. Now that I've heard it... I can only say that I'm very impressed. The music is phenomenal and the sound is definitely reference quality. Once I'd found the listening volume that seemed appropriate, my pre-amp was set about 10dB higher than where I typically listen to modern CDs; about the same level where I'd typically listen to a classical recording, actually. The album is very dynamic and has been mixed well. Overall, more than a positive surprise. I think this album is one of my personal favorites now, even though I've only heard it once.

Quote:
Can I ask where do you purchase your CDs?  I only know of CDJapan and YesAsia.

Amazon Japan. They have some albums that are hard to find elsewhere. The only downside is that their shipping costs are pretty high – higher than the cost of a single album. What's good, however, is that the CDs typically arrive within a couple of days, and when I order more than one album the shipping cost stays almost the same. That's why I typically order three or four CDs at a time. Also, DHL has delivered all of the packages to me, and none of them contained even a single cracked CD case which is a huge plus.

I've browsed both CDJapan's and YesAsia's webpages in the past and both seemed to have a pretty good selection. I've never ordered anything from either, but I have the impression that CDJapan's shipping costs are more reasonable than Amazon's.

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #5,022 of 6,671
Tanlines: Mixed Emotions (Vinyl)
Beach House: Bloom (Vinyl)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor: F# A# ∞ (Vinyl)
Damien Jurado: Maraqopa (CD)
Wilco: Summerteeth (CD)

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #5,023 of 6,671
I hadn't listened to the album before today, but when I saw your message I decided to move to album to #1 on my "listening queue" and just finished listening to it. If the Stars... is the second album I've heard from BT, the first one being Ima, and I didn't really have any expectations when I started listening to it. Now that I've heard it... I can only say that I'm very impressed. The music is phenomenal and the sound is definitely reference quality. Once I'd found the listening volume that seemed appropriate, my pre-amp was set about 10dB higher than where I typically listen to modern CDs; about the same level where I'd typically listen to a classical recording, actually. The album is very dynamic and has been mixed well. Overall, more than a positive surprise. I think this album is one of my personal favorites now, even though I've only heard it once.

Ima is great but not his best. I'd listen to This Binary Universe (If the Stars... was the 'sequel'). TBU is my favorite album of all time. I'd also listen to his other recent album Morceau Subrosa. It's a pretty amazing work that Classical listeners may enjoy more than If the Stars...

Either way you're getting fantastic dynamic range and reference material.

(I've said a lot of this before but it's worth saying again)

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #5,024 of 6,671
Rush                   ClockWork Angels-----Great
SP                      Oceania------------------Very Good
Fionna Apple        The idler wheel-----Hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back