Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Jan 26, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #6,196 of 6,671
Love Static-X

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #6,197 of 6,671
Got these goodies at the record store today. All CDs.

Meredith Monk - Songs of Ascension

My first Meredith Monk album. Intrigued to hear it. Based on the little bit I've read about her, she sounds like an interesting lady.

Evan Parker Electro-Acoustic Ensemble - The Eleventh Hour

John Zorn - The Bribe

The Ahmad Jamal Trio - The Awakening

I've had this in my wishlist on my phone for a couple of years now. Finally came across it today so I of course immediately had to grab it. I find it astounding that this album is €10.99 in the Finnish iTunes Store when I only paid €9.95 for the CD new. I bet it's not even difficult to find the CD brand new for even cheaper than that. Anyway, any jazz fan who has never listened to Ahmad Jamal would do themselves a favor by getting acquainted with his music.

Jan 29, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #6,198 of 6,671
Went shopping for some vinyl :wink:

Omnium Gatherum - Beyond limited edition, only 100 of these available what I know of :)

Jan 29, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #6,199 of 6,671
These goodies finally arrived in the mail !!! 
biggrin.gif

I've been eyeballin' these for the last eon it seems. And thanks to Ne Obliviscaris I'm oddly inclined to start working towards a vinyl set-up. (not really sure why but hey)

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #6,200 of 6,671

Got these goodies at the record store today. All CDs.

Meredith Monk - Songs of Ascension

My first Meredith Monk album. Intrigued to hear it. Based on the little bit I've read about her, she sounds like an interesting lady.

Evan Parker Electro-Acoustic Ensemble - The Eleventh Hour

John Zorn - The Bribe

The Ahmad Jamal Trio - The Awakening

I've had this in my wishlist on my phone for a couple of years now. Finally came across it today so I of course immediately had to grab it. I find it astounding that this album is €10.99 in the Finnish iTunes Store when I only paid €9.95 for the CD new. I bet it's not even difficult to find the CD brand new for even cheaper than that. Anyway, any jazz fan who has never listened to Ahmad Jamal would do themselves a favor by getting acquainted with his music.

I'm shocked to see that your record store has ECM records. It's a rare thing to find such treasures at my local stores. Regardless, these are some great purchases. I love Meredith Monk and the Evan Park Electro-Acoustic Ensemble. Really some great music to be had. I will have to give John Zorn and the Ahmad Jamal Trio a listen sometime as well. On the topic of finding albums at a better price point for physical copies, I can agree with that. I have found so many better deals for physical CDs that iTunes Store simply can not compare. One of the many pros of CD I presume. :)

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #6,201 of 6,671
  I'm shocked to see that your record store has ECM records. It's a rare thing to find such treasures at my local stores. Regardless, these are some great purchases. I love Meredith Monk and the Evan Park Electro-Acoustic Ensemble. Really some great music to be had. I will have to give John Zorn and the Ahmad Jamal Trio a listen sometime as well. On the topic of finding albums at a better price point for physical copies, I can agree with that. I have found so many better deals for physical CDs that iTunes Store simply can not compare. One of the many pros of CD I presume. :)

Very fortunately both of the record stores in my town carry some ECM records. Not too many, but some. The downside with ECM is that they are almost always really pricy, but typically the quality is also top notch so it's by no means an unfair trade.

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #6,202 of 6,671
  These goodies finally arrived in the mail !!! 
biggrin.gif

I've been eyeballin' these for the last eon it seems. And thanks to Ne Obliviscaris I'm oddly inclined to start working towards a vinyl set-up. (not really sure why but hey)

Good call on Uneven Structure's album. Did you get the CD with the 'ambient' extra disc or the limited Record Store Day double vinyl?

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #6,203 of 6,671

Good call on Uneven Structure's album. Did you get the CD with the 'ambient' extra disc or the limited Record Store Day double vinyl?

The dual CD for me. Still I might pick-up (or order) the vinyl of both of these.

That ambiance was quite interesting. Will need another listen of Februus though being as to how I was sort of busy my first listen

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #6,204 of 6,671
"The Charity Of Night" - Bruce Cockburn
"Broken Arrow" - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
"Live At The Fillmore East - 1970" - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
"Zuma" - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
"Ragged Glory"  Neil Young & Crazy Horse
"Live At The Cellar Door" - Neil Young
"Tonight's The Night" - Neil Young

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #6,206 of 6,671

Hellnation - Dynamite Up Your Ass (Sound Pollution Records)
Napalm Raid - Corruption of their Little Minds (Rust and Machine/Test Press/5)
Napalm Raid - Trail of the World (Rust and Machine/White Label/500)
Napalm Raid - Mindless Nation (Rust and Machine/Clear/265)
System **** - Hell-O (Undislessed/Skud/Translucent Red)

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #6,207 of 6,671
Just got these on Beatport. They are having a 15% winter sale until February 6. Enter code TAKE15 at checkout for the discount.

Psychowsky - Believe in Me

Norin & Rad - Bird Is the Word
http://soundcloud.com/norinandrad/bird-is-the-word

Matt Fax - Point 9 / Evening Paris Highway
http://soundcloud.com/silkmusic/sets/arr051/

Dan & Sam - An Interesting Dream
http://soundcloud.com/silkmusic/sets/silkrl054/

Technical Lovers - A Call from the Future (Remixes)
http://soundcloud.com/silkmusic/sets/silktx052/

Positive Addiction - Bittersweet
http://soundcloud.com/nueva-deep/sets/ndp025-positive-addiction/

// - Human Interaction

Blister 13.0 - Lunes

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #6,209 of 6,671

#48 of 100 copies :)

Feb 5, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #6,210 of 6,671
Sorry for incoming monster post! Some new/newish stuff, but mostly just plugging holes in my collection. Don't you hate it when you go to listen to something in your library and realize that whoops, you don't own it--the past million times you've listened to it have been on Spotify or Grooveshark or Youtube? Yeah...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back