You Know You're An Audiophile...
Oct 8, 2001 at 5:04 AM Post #46 of 69
man, those are big...pony tails.
biggrin.gif

by the way, I believe I speak for all girlfriend-less headfizers when i say SHUT UP JON!
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 6:52 AM Post #47 of 69
Onix, you had it all wrong. You have to make the cut on page 37, not 29, or you won't hear the difference at all
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 2:56 PM Post #52 of 69
<Saw coolvij in the distance too, with Attnet right behind him>

Yeah, Grados, donuts....that's it. Or two electrolytic capacitors viewed from the top. Crap, I gotta get a life!
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 4:37 PM Post #53 of 69
The pictures were so bad I couldn't see how she was doing at Quake 3. The HD-600 is better than the HD-580 anyway. Silly pictures.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 8:06 PM Post #54 of 69
[...] audiophile...

..., when you are just half sucked into this thread and half sucked into Orbital, look at the aforesaid picture, recognize the headphone, scroll down to read on, read something like "big thingies", scroll up again, recognize the headphone for the second time, then realize the big thingies, think "well, yes, big thingies for sure... but, hell, this Orbital is really nice!", then read on.
wink.gif

...or when you own... let me see... at least ten cd players. <sigh>

...or when you know more about many pieces of audio gear than most owners do.
smily_headphones1.gif

And it's obvious that you are a strange audiophile, when you found that the most effective tweak consists of smoking odd looking cigarettes: Oh, man, the soundstage man, the soundstange! And your brain just turns into a highly effective, but artifact-less equalizer, spatializer and jitter-remover. Yes, it does. Quite so. Works really great. Hehe...
biggrin.gif

No to mention that it's pretty apparent that you are a crazy audiophile, when you don't own ten different cd players, but some of them double or triple instead, in order to provide some redundancy for the models you really like. <double sigh>

Or it's all just a sign of three years without a proper girlfriend, maybe...
wink.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Oct 8, 2001 at 8:49 PM Post #56 of 69
Guys, just cuz I'm not even 14 doesn't mean you should, uh - attempt to shelter me. Especially if you're attempts are THAT pathetic - I do have a brain, eyes, and hormones.....

geez..............

biggrin.gif

Xander: I'm not afraid - just not obsessed
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 9:06 PM Post #57 of 69
Quote:

coolvij wrote:
Especially if you're attempts are THAT pathetic

Pathetic....I thought we were being witty.
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 9:16 PM Post #58 of 69
JMT: Umm......no
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 9:50 PM Post #59 of 69
You know you haven't had a girlfriend in a while when you thought the ( o ) ( o ) were pretty nice...and _then_ went back and checked out the .jpg...

You know you're an audiophile when...
...you don't have a girlfriend...and you don't care (no-one to whine about your spending!).
...you have put more into your audio system than into your retirement.
...you develop an iota of respect for (forget his name, will come back and edit later when I remember, celebrity, famous for his good looks and not much else, graces the cover of many romance novels, got hit in the face with a duck while on a roller coaster Edit: Fabio) when, on a show on the E! channel, you see that he spent > US$100K on his speakers...(I think he has Kharma's).
...you start answering questions at the store.
...you buy a new piece of gear (CDP, speakers, etc.) and a family member asks, "what are you doing with your old one?", and you answer, "why keeping it, of course" before you realize that it's significantly better than her crappy boom box.
...(for templeboy) you know the difference between a PCL 805 and a regular 805 power tube.
...when, when the air-conditioning kicks on, it means it's time to hit pause and take a bathroom break.

Oct 8, 2001 at 10:07 PM Post #60 of 69
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Onix, you had it all wrong. You have to make the cut on page 37, not 29, or you won't hear the difference at all
evil_smiley.gif

No wonder it doesn't work
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back