You Know You're An Audiophile...
Oct 7, 2001 at 10:06 PM Post #31 of 69
speaking of which coolvij, I'm very annoyed at you for passing me up! I must be getting slower in my old age...

Oct 7, 2001 at 11:38 PM Post #32 of 69
will you guys please stop spamming the boards.
frown.gif

Oct 7, 2001 at 11:54 PM Post #34 of 69
you know you are an audiophile when you use the words "psychoacoustic dithering" three times in a conversation.

Oct 8, 2001 at 12:49 AM Post #35 of 69
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
will you guys please stop spamming the boards.
frown.gif

oh, come on kr! it's all in good fun here. I personally wasn't trying to spam, i just thought it would be funnier if each of my comments was in a seperate post.

Oct 8, 2001 at 1:03 AM Post #36 of 69
When you can post 7 posts, in a row, uninterrupted, all with unique answers, in a "You know you're an audiophile when..." thread
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Moo: If that isn't spamming...
smily_headphones1.gif
If that was a serious question, then an audiophile is someone who:
a) spends large quantities of money for ridiculously expensive things in search for the holy grail of "The Perfect Sound."
b) Owns hi-fidelity (or head-fidelity
smily_headphones1.gif
) audio equipment and appreciates it
c) is stark raving mad and has lots of money that they spend on audio, so they're just 'eccentric'.
d) any combination of the above

Oct 8, 2001 at 1:44 AM Post #38 of 69
When you see this Quake 3 promo picture, and the first thought that goes through your mind is "Hey! She's wearing Sennheiser HD-580s!"

whyPlayQ3.jpg

P.S. And your SECOND thought is "But those aren't really great for gaming, and don't sound that great directly from a sound card!"

P.P.S. And your friend says "Look at those cans!" and you think he's talking about the Sennheisers.

Do I win?

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 1:54 AM Post #39 of 69
Hmm... You know you're a 14-year-old audiophile when the things you look at are: (in order)
Her chest area
(then you're amazed that with her um, size, and blond hair, that she's playing on a computer, and then you wonder if she's taken)
Her headphones
The game she's playing
The fact that that's a 17-inch monitor

Oct 8, 2001 at 2:06 AM Post #40 of 69
Quote:

MacDEF said...

Do I win?

You TOTALLY win, man! I don't suppose a phone number or e-mail address came w/ that picture?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

eric343 said...

When you can post 7 posts, in a row, uninterrupted, all with unique answers, in a "You know you're an audiophile when..." thread

Alright, quit stealing my material!
tongue.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 3:20 AM Post #42 of 69
Jon, why do you always have to be so.....so....."unique"?

lol........

guys who are angry at me (and Neruda) for spamming - sorry
frown.gif

It was spamming.....in fun.....yes......but if it offended you, I apologize, and I vow never to spam.....till tommorow....

Oct 8, 2001 at 3:41 AM Post #43 of 69
Yeah, I've always been known as weird/unique/idiosyncratic... I'm a lot more so in person because I speak before I determine whether what I have to say is accepted by society
wink.gif

You know you're an audiophile when... you harass sales reps at goodguys for not knowing the jargon/for trying to sell you monster cable, etc...

hahaha, i love this thread!

Oct 8, 2001 at 4:53 AM Post #45 of 69
lol.......eric.......you're too pathetic to be unique
biggrin.gif

Wait - I'm the smallest lil dude on head-fize.......i was just kidding, eric......HONEST......AAAHHHHH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back