You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jan 11, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #1,786 of 6,112
To date I havent seen anyone on the train who looks like a Head Fier. Some people have B**ts, some the crappy stock ear buds(they use Samsung ear buds with iDevices and vice-versa) and some use low end JVC and Sennheiser IEMs. Once I saw someone with an MDR 1R but they also had an Xperia Z, leading me to believe they were only using them because they got them free in the bundle deal.

Sometimes, I wear something cheap while on the go. Just keep things low profile 
ph34r.gif
 Most of the time, I don't even wear it xD 

True true, but some airlines have a Korean pop music channel.
tongue.gif

That's always fun to listen to.

I hate those 2-pronged jacks too. Sometimes you can wiggle/pull out the headphone cable plug and you'll get 2-channel stereo sound when it's supposed to be one side only.

In all honesty, I only know PSY and G-Dragon ._. 

Yes, that 2 jacks is annoying. VERY :frowning2:

YKYAAW you are torn between getting new headphone or upgrade your current headphone's cable for the fun of it xD My parents might go crazy if I buy another headphone although it's from my savings T.T

Jan 11, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #1,787 of 6,112
YKYAAW you have multiple rigs for different situations:

1. Gym rig: Sweat proof sport IEMs with iPod

2. Lightweight rig: cIEMs and dap for underground / maximum noise blocking

3. Travel rig: Closed headphones and portable amp

4. Work rig: Better closed headphones and desktop amp

4.2. Home Quiet rig / Bedside: Identical to work for when you cannot disturb certain peoples...

5. Home Head-fi rig: Open headphones, full scale desktop amp + DAC and movie processors e.g. Smyth realiser 

Jan 11, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #1,788 of 6,112
I seem to always catch myself researching gear online a lot more often than actually listening to the gear I have.

If there was a "freeze" on trading gear, I am not sure any of us would still be as interested. It is the chase that is the most fun

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #1,789 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you have multiple rigs for different situations:

1. Gym rig: Sweat proof sport IEMs with iPod

2. Lightweight rig: cIEMs and dap for underground / maximum noise blocking

3. Travel rig: Closed headphones and portable amp

4. Work rig: Better closed headphones and desktop amp

4.2. Home Quiet rig / Bedside: Identical to work for when you cannot disturb certain peoples...

5. Home Head-fi rig: Open headphones, full scale desktop amp + DAC and movie processors e.g. Smyth realiser 

I've only got a portable rig and an at home rig...

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #1,790 of 6,112

I've only got a portable rig and an at home rig...

^This.  I hate the idea of having more than one go to pair of headphones.  I have a pair for at home with my desktop amp and a pair of closed cans for the go with my little e7.  I've said it before, something just seems wrong about having a headphone for this one song and then Oh I want to listen to this genre, time to switch headphones.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #1,791 of 6,112
I seem to always catch myself researching gear online a lot more often than actually listening to the gear I have.

If there was a "freeze" on trading gear, I am not sure any of us would still be as interested. It is the chase that is the most fun

^^^^ +1. The real fun of Head-Fi isn't just the listening, but the pursuit of new gear.

Jan 13, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #1,794 of 6,112
YKYAAW you get anxious in high-noise environments, because loud noises make you worry for your audio investment. "These idiot fans are going to ruin my hearing, and after I just bought HE-400's! All that money, down the drain!"

YKYAAW you get ticked when people claim there's no audible difference between 128 kbps mp3 and lossless.

YKYAAW you are scorned by coworkers for your "sensitive, super-hearing ears."

YKYAAW you pass a stranger wearing AKG's and feel like high-fiving them.

YKYAAW stock ear buds make you cry.

YKYAAW you've returned more headphones than most people have ever bought.

YKYAAW you go to a movie with a date, realize it sucks, and spend the rest of it imagining how you would upgrade the sound system in this place, counting the number of times the speakers audibly distort, and wondering if anyone else in the theater is bothered by the evident 'more bass, loud volumes' approach to sound quality.

YKYAAW your brother asks you for replacement earphones for Christmas, explicitly requesting "just earbuds, not the kind that goes inside your ears, nothing fancy" so you order him Yuin PK2's and chuckle in satisfaction. "I win," you say to yourself.

Jan 13, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #1,795 of 6,112
This is scout, earbuds make me cry~!

YKAAW as stated above you hate loud environments because it may harm your hearing and your ability to use your audio gears.

and also when your eyes have developed the ability to seek out and analyse headphones on someone's head in the middle of a big crowd. And most of the time you get disappointed because it's either beats or cheapos.

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #1,797 of 6,112
I get anxious in loud environments because then I won't be able to listen to my IEMs.

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #1,798 of 6,112
I get anxious in loud environments because then I won't be able to listen to my IEMs.

I get a little pissed when I'm listening to my music and someone just blasts the volume with a speaker nearby me. One of the only way to piss me off >.<

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #1,799 of 6,112
In my classroom at school people always blast crappy music out of the really, really poor speakers in the room. Its really annoying cause the speakers are bad even by b**TS consumers standards.

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #1,800 of 6,112
^Indeed.
Our speakers are most likely damaged due to high sound levels, but they just keep blasting it. Well, I hope they are broken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back