You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Nov 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #1,442 of 6,112
YKYAAW you show zero interest on a new iPhone 5S holding by your classmate when whole lot of boys tries to vain with it because there's a random IEM that some others brough and you got attracted by it xD

Nov 23, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #1,443 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when you call earphones earphones instead of IEMs (read: in-ear monitors) because $20 earphones from Fred Meyer are anything but a monitor. XD

Sorry, it just really bugs me when people call things like Apple's in-ear earphones in-ear "monitors."

Nov 23, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #1,444 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when you call earphones earphones instead of IEMs (read: in-ear monitors) because $20 earphones from Fred Meyer are anything but a monitor. XD

Sorry, it just really bugs me when people call things like Apple's in-ear earphones in-ear "monitors."

Might as well ask, since I'm still a bit confused about the difference between IEMs and earphones, what do you think does the Bowers & Wilkins C5 considered as? Thanks

Nov 23, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #1,445 of 6,112

Might as well ask, since I'm still a bit confused about the difference between IEMs and earphones, what do you think does the Bowers & Wilkins C5 considered as? Thanks

A monitor is typically what people use during live performances either through an on-stage speaker system, or a personal monitoring system to keep track of when to play a certain instrument and/or sing. In-ear monitors are used in replace of an on-stage speaker system and are almost always in the form of a custom in-ear monitor (i.e. Ultimate Ears' CIEMS).

As stated, people around here tend to call every earphone an IEM (In-Ear Monitor), and it just bugs me sometimes. XD

A studio monitor is a speaker system and/or headphone used to keep track of certain things, such as vocal or instrumental cues; hence monitor. The Sony MDR-V6, MDR-7506, Beyerdynamic DT770, AKG K240 or K271, or Shure SRH440 are commonly used headphones in the studio for vocalists as a vocal monitor. If you want to "hear what the artist hears," don't buy a $1500 USD HD800, but rather a $80 MDR-7506. :)
Everyone's favourite artist.

You know you're an audiophile when you don't believe, or ever use, the term "neutral" because that's impossible to achieve unless you use the exact same equipment as the original mastering engineer. Neutral by definition means no colouration, and if a song was recorded and mastered with a "coloured" system in the first place, a headphone measuring "flat" will be considered non-neutral from the original source.

Nov 23, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #1,447 of 6,112
Mics are not neutral either.

Nov 23, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #1,449 of 6,112
  You Know You're An Audiophile When you have a bank account that's called "Audio"...

You do??? 
etysmile.gif

Nov 23, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #1,453 of 6,112
99.9999999999% of the time! this bank account balance is $0 if that account belongs to me

Haha, you wouldn't be the only one, because guess what? It's current account balance is...$0.
beerchug.gif

Nov 23, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #1,454 of 6,112
Haha, you wouldn't be the only one, because guess what? It's current account balance is...$0.
:beerchug:

I don't have an audio bank account unfortunately... But I have piggy bank audio account... USED to have $450... But last month my ears decided to buy a new massage machine... $425 moved out their sweet home xD

Nov 23, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #1,455 of 6,112
I don't have an audio bank account unfortunately... But I have piggy bank audio account... USED to have $450... But last month my ears decided to buy a new massage machine... $425 moved out their sweet home xD

I just started one momentarily, so it's not really official yet, haha. I wanna grab an AHA-120, so this is where the saving begins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back