You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Oct 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #1,023 of 6,113

When you laugh when you find out beats are held together with double sided adhesive XD

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #1,024 of 6,113
^So are Stax

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #1,026 of 6,113

When you laugh when you find out beats are held together with double sided adhesive XD

When you laugh when you saw that the drivers are gold in colour in the Solo HD. No wonder they are so heavy and boomy 
tongue.gif

Add on: When you dream that you are listening to a song and wonder which headphone it sounds like it was playing from when you wake up.

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #1,027 of 6,113
An update:

The pad fell completely off, and it looks like the diaphragm is made of super cheap aluminum foil.

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #1,028 of 6,113
An update:

The pad fell completely off, and it looks like the diaphragm is made of super cheap aluminum foil.

I know the shop's demo unit has a lot of dents on it even though the grill is so overprotective, is that one (yours?) dented too?

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,029 of 6,113
You know you're an audiophile when you type "Schiit" when you really mean the other thing, without thinking.

You know you're a music lover when you constantly have dreams about listening to some new (or old undiscovered) tracks by your favourite artist(s), only to wake up and be disappointed that the songs actually don't exist.

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #1,030 of 6,113
I've had terrible nightmares about listening to music. Don't remember what specific songs that were but I couldn't hear any treble and all the cymbals and brighter stuff sounded super muffled. In this dream I thought okay maybe it's just a low quality source. I tried multiple flac files and cds I ripped myself but the terrible treble continued. When I woke up I pretty much rushed to my computer, threw on my hd600s and had a huge sigh of relief.

Tl:dr I had a nightmare where my ears were only capable of hearing the equivalent of 128kbps mp3s...

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #1,032 of 6,113
An update:

*slaps a "b" in the earcups = $300*
Now, I am so glad I didn't buy the B***s Solo HD a few years back before I joined Head-Fi!!!! I was offered to but luckily I wasn't impressed by the design of it... Cause I see a crack on the demo unit :wink:

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #1,034 of 6,113
*slaps a "b" in the earcups = $300*
Now, I am so glad I didn't buy the B***s Solo HD a few years back before I joined Head-Fi!!!! I was offered to but luckily I wasn't impressed by the design of it... Cause I see a crack on the demo unit
wink.gif

Clever clever choice
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back