You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Oct 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #1,036 of 6,113
YKYAAW you don't use Spotify because it isn't lossless.

But they have a 320 kbps steam don't they? Blind test 320 kbps with lossless. :wink:

Listen to a lossy version of 'Roundabout' by Yes off of Fragile, and a lossless version and tell me which one you hear more detail and separation in.

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #1,037 of 6,113
YKYAAW you don't use Spotify because it isn't lossless.

You know you are more of a music-phile than audiophile when you actually DO listen to Spotify.

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #1,038 of 6,113
Listen to a lossy version of 'Roundabout' by Yes off of Fragile, and a lossless version and tell me which one you hear more detail and separation in.

But they have a 320 kbps steam don't they? Blind test 320 kbps with lossless. :wink:

Indeed! Try comparing lossy vs lossless file with your preferred headphone. If you can hear the differences, that's good. If not, let's just forget about audio file format and be happy with your music library ^_^

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #1,039 of 6,113
*slaps a "b" in the earcups = $300*
Now, I am so glad I didn't buy the B***s Solo HD a few years back before I joined Head-Fi!!!! I was offered to but luckily I wasn't impressed by the design of it... Cause I see a crack on the demo unit
wink.gif

The demo units are always broken because the beat's highly engineered plastic can't withstand the life abuse of being on display.

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #1,040 of 6,113
  The demo units are always broken because the beat's highly engineered plastic can't withstand the life abuse of being on display.

Can't agree more! Not sure why some people [not mentioning anyone in particular 
rolleyes.gif
 ] claims it to be the best plastic. It can withstand crushes...

It took me half a year to completely brainwash my elder brother and to keep him away from buying B***s. Now he's a huge fan of my SR60i... Can't even describe how much he loves it! He took a picture of the Grado pizza box fire it to everywhere with a "<3" might as well past it on to him when I got my new combo... Next month 
size]

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #1,041 of 6,113
  Can't agree more! Not sure why some people [not mentioning anyone in particular 
rolleyes.gif
 ] claims it to be the best plastic. It can withstand crushes...

It took me half a year to completely brainwash my elder brother and to keep him away from buying B***s. Now he's a huge fan of my SR60i... Can't even describe how much he loves it! He took a picture of the Grado pizza box fire it to everywhere with a "<3" might as well past it on to him when I got my new combo... Next month 
size]

What? 
blink.gif
 huh? wait what?

And lol that's a loong time to wash someone's eyes off the beat's poison, must have been heavily intoxicated prior to that.

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #1,042 of 6,113
What? :blink:  huh? wait what?

And lol that's a loong time to wash someone's eyes off the beat's poison, must have been heavily intoxicated prior to that.

HAHAHAHA sorry my mistake. I mean he took a picture of the Grado pizza boxing and he posted the picture everywhere. Sorry bout my typo xD not sure what in the world I was thinking there haha...

Don't you think the Grado headphone boxes looks like pizza box?! They really reallyyyyyy look like a pizza box xD sound like my favorite pizza as well :p

And yes! It's really hard to kill the B.Virus/Poison especially when you do not own any bassy headphone!

YKYAA when your PC is all loaded with 80% music, barely 1% on game and with others as programs blah blah blah xD

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #1,043 of 6,113
HAHAHAHA sorry my mistake. I mean he took a picture of the Grado pizza boxing and he posted the picture everywhere. Sorry bout my typo xD not sure what in the world I was thinking there haha...

Don't you think the Grado headphone boxes looks like pizza box?! They really reallyyyyyy look like a pizza box xD sound like my favorite pizza as well
tongue.gif

And yes! It's really hard to kill the B.Virus/Poison especially when you do not own any bassy headphone!

YKYAA when your PC is all loaded with 80% music, barely 1% on game and with others as programs blah blah blah xD

Lol I know it does look like a pizza box but the fire part XD

When you purposely buy an external because the amount of music you have is way more than your internal storage drives combined.

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #1,044 of 6,113
Lol I know it does look like a pizza box but the fire part XD

When you purposely buy an external because the amount of music you have is way more than your internal storage drives combined.

Soon sir! I was forced to clean half of my music library last year thanks to my brother who claim that the PC is slowing down in performance. I deleted that half of my music library really unwillingly!

I do not have any pendrive at all, except for my iNano which I treated it as a pendrive. Planning to buy a SSD to save my music because HDD is too slow to my experience xD

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #1,045 of 6,113
  You know you're an audiophile when you type "Schiit" when you really mean the other thing, without thinking.

You know you're a music lover when you constantly have dreams about listening to some new (or old undiscovered) tracks by your favourite artist(s), only to wake up and be disappointed that the songs actually don't exist.

Or when you spell sure shure. I have done it without even noticing.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #1,046 of 6,113

You Know You're an Audiophile When..

You own n number of headphones

You think the optimum number of headphones for you = n + 1

and

The number of headphones you really need = n- ( n - 1)

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #1,047 of 6,113
Just reminding y'all not to reply to trolls.

Ykyaa when you get more excited about the new Schiit Vali than you are about the upcoming marching contest.

Ditto. I have absolutely no interest in the marching contest. What marching contest? 
tongue.gif

Or when you spell sure shure. I have done it without even noticing.

Non-audiophiles do it all the time too 
rolleyes.gif

You Know You're an Audiophile When..

You own n number of headphones

You think the optimum number of headphones for you = n + 1

and

The number of headphones you really need = n- ( n - 1)

Or you're just a math geek 
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #1,048 of 6,113
YKYAA when you say "SCHIIT, LOKI!!" when watching Avenger xD

And

YKYAA when you don't refer yourself as an audiophile because you can't afford to buy all the headphones in the world and you feel bad about it. It is also because of that, you don't think yourself deserve the title "audiophile" :p

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,049 of 6,113
Soon sir! I was forced to clean half of my music library last year thanks to my brother who claim that the PC is slowing down in performance. I deleted that half of my music library really unwillingly!

I do not have any pendrive at all, except for my iNano which I treated it as a pendrive. Planning to buy a SSD to save my music because HDD is too slow to my experience xD

I don't think an SSD will do you much good for music storage compared to HDD. First off, you won't be able to save that much because SSD is like a dollar a gig and HDD is about 10 cents a gig. Unless you're willing to spend that much money of course. Yes, HDD is much slower than SSD much you don't need high read/write speeds for playing music.

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #1,050 of 6,113
I don't think an SSD will do you much good for music storage compared to HDD. First off, you won't be able to save that much because SSD is like a dollar a gig and HDD is about 10 cents a gig. Unless you're willing to spend that much money of course. Yes, HDD is much slower than SSD much you don't need high read/write speeds for playing music.

I came across a 500GB HDD that is almost fully filled with videos. It took a few minutes for my PC to read the entire HDD D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back