You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jul 4, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #5,956 of 6,112
Jul 4, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #5,958 of 6,112
  YKYAAW when you have 4 $100K MSB DACS, 1 for your headphone system, 1 for your primary listening room, 1 for your secondary listening room, and 1 for your limo.

Okay, now you're just making up fantasies.
tongue.gif

YKYAAW you know that wuwhere is one of the top posters on Head-Fi, not only in total post count, but for the 1, 7, and 30 day stats. I miss the days when I was #1...

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #5,963 of 6,112
I'm quite late to the party (no internet this weekend), but I'd be the Noise Necromancer of the North! 
tongue.gif

YKYAAW the first thing you do when you get internet back is go on Head-Fi

I obviously have all the audio gear ever. no one would ever lie on the Internet! /s

Lie? On the Internet?! Who would do such a thing? /s

I've got all the audio gear ever as well as all the audio gear that never existed. 

YKYAAW you would never smoke or do drugs, because you won't have as much of a budget for headphones.

YKYAAW you would never smoke or do drugs because you're afraid they'd hurt the drivers in your headphones (Kidding, many other reasons why I wouldn't 
biggrin.gif
)

YKYAAW you buy any and all audio gear that seams decent

I bought Sanyo speakers and a CSi/Speco amp for them all for $5 yesterday, so I could listen to my record player... They're terrible, sadly, and aren't anywhere near being able to fit in my room. My mom's stock car stereo when listening to the radio sounds better. I'll likely be giving them away (I feel bad about that, they're to a good friend who owns good headphones and they sound terrible).

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #5,964 of 6,112
"Edit: I want to thank my accidental mentor @Music Alchemist
 for steering me towards the Schiit "stack", if it wasn't for him, I would still be haunting forums, desperate for a small, wallet-friendly DAC/amp solution."

YKYAAW your name is plastered all over Head-Fi

Thanks Alchemist for steering him towards the Schiit stack, I'll now be steering away from it 
tongue.gif
 He described it as making his headphones lose some bass, the opposite of what I need. I may get the FiiO E12, especially because I'm looking into the HE-400s now.

Jul 16, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #5,965 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when you start correlating how gear sounds with the frequency response of songs. Michael Jackson's vocal range is simply stunning; those E5 falsetto notes (~650 Hz)!

[video]https://youtu.be/wthgd_Rg1qg?t=3m59s[/video]

Peggy Hsu's highest notes are also at around 650 Hz in comparison (although this song probably features more of her vocal range as a whole).

[video]https://youtu.be/SkxaFL1oD3I?t=23s[/video]

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #5,969 of 6,112
YKYAAW you have three random people in the same day ask you what "earphones" (Layla) you're listening to and if they're expensive...

Not sure if I'd have been mugged, laughed at, or both, if I'd have given a full and honest answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back