You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Oct 5, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #5,991 of 6,112
You know your a audophile, when you drink a few microbrews, fall asleep at the laptop, to wake up with a credit card, and you have a receipt for a Cavalli liquid Crimson. Furthermore when I get up I find the remains of my throttled wallet lol. I am lucky I have a uncle who will buy the Crimson from me, if I do not like the sound. I truly hope I do not like the Crimson and do a Lazurus on my poor wallet. If not I will play a New Orleans funeral dirge for my poor throttled wallet. And learn to eat soup and romin noodles for the next two months lol. :).

Oct 5, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #5,992 of 6,112
You know your a audophile, when you drink a few microbrews, fall asleep at the laptop, to wake up with a credit card, and you have a receipt for a Cavalli liquid Crimson. Furthermore when I get up I find the remains of my throttled wallet lol. I am lucky I have a uncle who will buy the Crimson from me, if I do not like the sound. I truly hope I do not like the Crimson and do a Lazurus on my poor wallet. If not I will play a New Orleans funeral dirge for my poor throttled wallet. And learn to eat soup and romin noodles for the next two months lol.
smily_headphones1.gif

Must have been some good beers!  Ahh, it's all good.  You can enjoy your new Crimson with a few more beers when it comes in.  Just don't look at your credit card statements.  That's what I do.  If you don't see it, it didn't happen.  lol

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #5,993 of 6,112
YKYAAW you have a weird dream that you work for Apple & tasked to build the next impossible technology milestone breaking portable DAP. (It could be something to do with ultrasonics, 64 bit music, TOTAL song personalisation including singer + instrument mixing & panning on the go, etc.)
It is so secretive & industry shaking that even spies & assassins like James Bond get involved.
You remember arguing with your boss you know nothing about electrical engineering so he must have picked you for your "Golden Ears." You are told to just get your soldering iron going so you insist on op-amp chips that are specifically designed for audio & actually sound good combined with the right buffer not just on paper. Your boss says "Yeah, whatever."

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #5,994 of 6,112
YKYAAW you have a weird dream that you work for Apple & tasked to build the next impossible technology milestone breaking portable DAP. (It could be something to do with ultrasonics, 64 bit music, TOTAL song personalisation including singer + instrument mixing & panning on the go, etc.)
It is so secretive & industry shaking that even spies & assassins like James Bond get involved.
You remember arguing with your boss you know nothing about electrical engineering so he must have picked you for your "Golden Ears." You are told to just get your soldering iron going so you insist on op-amp chips that are specifically designed for audio & actually sound good combined with the right buffer not just on paper. Your boss says "Yeah, whatever."

One crazy dream.

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #5,995 of 6,112
One crazy dream.

But wouldn't that be great if Apple took the plunge into high end audio and built such a player?  One that would support FLAC and DSD and all high resolution files....It would force a huge revamping of iTunes and might even get some of the ear pod listeners to consider purchasing music files of greater quality leading to music equipment and headphones of greater quality!

Oct 10, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #5,996 of 6,112
But wouldn't that be great if Apple took the plunge into high end audio and built such a player?  One that would support FLAC and DSD and all high resolution files....It would force a huge revamping of iTunes and might even get some of the ear pod listeners to consider purchasing music files of greater quality leading to music equipment and headphones of greater quality!

Probably their risk investment vs. profit strategy does not see enough gain to make it worthwhile which is a pity if Apple wants to stand out as a leading innovator compared to other tech companies.

I find it strange that High-End DAP manufacturers like A&K still release products using the Wolfson WM8740 DAC chip even in dual channel mode.
Yes it is Tried, Tested & True; well established & bedded in as a standard for great sounding implementation; it is fine as it has been a key part of fantastic CD players & DACs;
BUT it is old & lacks some of the features & filters that newer chips can provide.

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #5,997 of 6,112

If it were to happen, wow. I can finally get iTunes to play FLAC. My biggest pain.

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #6,000 of 6,112
YKAAW you can immediately tell when someone doesn't know what they are talking about in a review when they describe the headphones as having "rich bass, crisp highs, and smooth mids". Soooo many YouTube reviewers do this!

Edit: Not to say the above adjectives are invalid for describing a headphone, I just see so many YouTubers get to the end of a review when it comes time to describe the sound, and rattle that off. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back