You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Apr 14, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #5,056 of 6,112

This is a site about headphones, and therefore also music. Discussion of music is inevitable and should be encouraged, not stifled. There is even a music section on the site! The only problem arises when someone says X music is objectively better than Y music, without qualifying the statement by explaining in what way it is better. I agree with that last sentence. I listen to and enjoy nearly all types of music, so it bothers me when someone tries to put a genre down simply because they don't like it. I can't stand most country music, and precisely because of that, it is not my place to speak about the genre with authority.

*joke*

then had you tried deah country, like deadbolt, gazoo bill, ghoultown, coffinshakers, footstompin trio?

Banning a genera from one's view is also wrong, in general deathcore is one of the bad recorded, un-interesting generas for me, but rings of saturn, killwhitneydead, atilla, born of osiris and veil of maya, are just some of my most favourite bands. Deathcore for me was love/hate completley.

Apr 14, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #5,057 of 6,112
  *joke*

then had you tried deah country, like deadbolt, gazoo bill, ghoultown, coffinshakers, footstompin trio?

Banning a genera from one's view is also wrong, in general deathcore is one of the bad recorded, un-interesting generas for me, but rings of saturn, killwhitneydead, atilla, born of osiris and veil of maya, are just some of my most favourite bands. Deathcore for me was love/hate completley.

I don't "ban" any genres. I like some country songs; just not most of them.

Haven't ventured into death country yet.

Apr 14, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #5,058 of 6,112
Now look what we've gone and done MA 
biggrin.gif

YKYAAW You're convinced your engine doesn't sound right even when your car is running fine

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #5,059 of 6,112

• Why is this a thing?
  • Why am I liking this thing?

Gazoo Bill is good, The Coffinshakers is great IMO. His voice reminds me of older (AKA good
biggrin.gif
) country.

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #5,060 of 6,112
  Now look what we've gone and done MA 
biggrin.gif

YKYAAW You're convinced your engine doesn't sound right even when your car is running fine

YKYAAW you recognize classical pieces used in some of the music in Zelda video games.

lol. That reminds me of something someone in another thread said:

I want to record a drone album using thousands of Sunn Model Ts in the Grand Canyon but it'll never happen, so I found other ways to play and record.

I only glanced at it at first and thought he wanted to put thousands of cars in the Grand Canyon and record them!
jecklinsmile.gif

Apr 18, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #5,065 of 6,112
Older post but whatever. That problem is really bad if you didn't get a hair cut in a while.

My hair is getting really long, but I don't have that problem. lol

I have longer hair (and it's staying that way mother) and I've never had a problem with headphones and hair, except maybe when putting my IEMs around my ears. Not that I really care what my hair looks anyways 
tongue.gif
 As long as it isn't sticking straight up, I'm fine with it

YKYAAW you have to try out the headphones you find at yard sales

Bunch of junky older headphones at a yard sale. Tried the Sony's, they were meh.

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #5,069 of 6,112
  ...and then resell them after 2 month because they got boring and you want to fund further upgrades

Nice, lol. Which other headphones did you get or plan on getting?

(Or were you just making a joke about my, *ahem*, habits?)

I also want the HIFIMAN HE1000, STAX SR-009, Abyss AB-1266, JVC HA-SZ2000, Sennheiser Orpheus HE 90, and many others.

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #5,070 of 6,112

Nice, lol. Which other headphones did you get or plan on getting?
(Or were you just making a joke about my, *ahem*, habits?)

I also want the HIFIMAN HE1000, STAX SR-009, Abyss AB-1266, JVC HA-SZ2000, Sennheiser Orpheus HE 90, and many others.

both incidentally...
wink.gif

I am currently looking at the SD2 & SUI and then UERM. But need to update my currently plane rig first - its starting to fall apart. Could afford all the gear at any time, but that wouldn't be fun now, would it?
I currently have fairly little interest in home rigs, as I travel a lot.

---
2 rules on: How to not to loose your entire live savings/college money to gear:

1) only buy things you still consider worth buying one year after your audition 
2) only buy things if there is an objective 'need' for them / broken (although this could be read in various ways)

follow these rules and everyone should be fairly ok...sadly its not how this hobby works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back