You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Apr 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #5,026 of 6,112
  I haven't even made 1000 posts in a year 
blink.gif

YKYAAW you have 7171 posts on Head-Fi (I'm looking at you, Alchemist
tongue.gif
)

If you don't count the people who participate in the game threads (the ones where many of the posts are just one or two words, so they're not even real posts), and also don't count the ones who made the highest posts of all time (20,000-50,000+ posts!), I'm the top poster on Head-Fi. (In terms of quantity, not quality, of course.)

Apr 12, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #5,027 of 6,112
YKYAAW you find out you are going to be a HE1000 beta tester, you try to figure out how to pay for them, just in case you fall in love with them lol. :D

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #5,029 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile (er, narcissist) when you wish the Reputation on Head-Fi was cumulative. I don't make many posts that get a lot of Reputation, but tons of my posts get Reputation from one or more people. Then again, if these numbers were displayed on everyone's profiles, it would likely result in even more narcissism, so I can understand why it's not an active feature.

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #5,030 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile (er, narcissist) when you wish the Reputation on Head-Fi was cumulative. I don't make many posts that get a lot of Reputation, but tons of my posts get Reputation from one or more people. Then again, if these numbers were displayed on everyone's profiles, it would likely result in even more narcissism, so I can understand why it's not an active feature.

According to Winston Churchill, narcissism was the only proper form of love. But in some ways headphone collecting could be considered a form of narcissism. But regardless this hobby has been a godsend for me on so many levels.
P.s YKYAAW when you buy a amp for the sake of having the amp lol. :)

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #5,031 of 6,112
YKYAAW you spend the entire day reripping your CD collection into flac.

I had stuff in all sorts of formats- ALAC, WMA Lossless, WAV, etc, so I decided, since I have vacation, that I'd spend time fixing that up. I did about 33 albums today, which I believe is just over a third of what I have. Everything should be in flac by tomorrow night.

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #5,032 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you spend the entire day reripping your CD collection into flac.

I had stuff in all sorts of formats- ALAC, WMA Lossless, WAV, etc, so I decided, since I have vacation, that I'd spend time fixing that up. I did about 33 albums today, which I believe is just over a third of what I have. Everything should be in flac by tomorrow night.

You could have just converted the existing lossless files to FLAC, if you needed FLAC for whatever reason. And tags can be edited digitally at any time. The only reason to re-rip CDs that you already have in lossless is if they were damaged and were incorrectly ripped.

Just curious, why do you want FLAC, anyway?

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #5,034 of 6,112
You could have just converted the existing lossless files to FLAC, if you needed FLAC for whatever reason. And tags can be edited digitally at any time. The only reason to re-rip CDs that you already have in lossless is if they were damaged and were incorrectly ripped.

I don't know why I didn't think of this, but I didn't; there wasn't much else I could do today, so I'm not that bothered by it. Also, the drive I used to rip them previously was about 10+ years old, and this one is brand new. I doubt it would affect it much, but it might still be good.

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #5,035 of 6,112
  I don't know why I didn't think of this, but I didn't; there wasn't much else I could do today, so I'm not that bothered by it. Also, the drive I used to rip them previously was about 10+ years old, and this one is brand new. I doubt it would affect it much, but it might still be good.

Might as well finish what you started then. XD lol

YKYAAW you can't think of anything to do but audiophile-related activities.

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #5,040 of 6,112
  Just a little light hearted humour. Besides the thread seems to be about everything else apart from the actual thread title.

Fair enough, but plenty of people like her music. I just don't think it's a good idea to put down a musical artist, because you put down the fans along with it. If you simply say you don't like it in subjective terms, instead of saying it's bad in objective terms, that's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back