You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jan 14, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #3,856 of 6,112
  i quite feel you. some headphones, all of ultrasones for example come with carry boxes, which are not very fancy, but look good, and are pretty resistant to shock. nice to have.

It's interesting how I always read terrible things about Ultrasone's $1,500+ headphones, but much better things about the more affordable ones.

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #3,857 of 6,112

It's interesting how I always read terrible things about Ultrasone's $1,500+ headphones, but much better things about the more affordable ones.

the best are dj line.. lots of soundstage. editions, all of them seem to be made for a niche of a niche of a niche. my endgame headphones are going to be ultrasone dj signature, for cloes back.

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #3,860 of 6,112
  the best are dj line.. lots of soundstage. editions, all of them seem to be made for a niche of a niche of a niche. my endgame headphones are going to be ultrasone dj signature, for cloes back.

I heard the Signature PRO is even better. I know a guy who owned one, but he sold it since he has better headphones like the AKG K812.

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #3,861 of 6,112
That's the HD518, correct? How are they? Have you been able to try out any of the other headphones in the HD5XX line, and if so, how does it compare?

Yes, HD 518.
They are very good so far, and I can wear them for hours of gaming. Bass is tight and clean (not as good as momentums). Treble is great but vocals can be pushed back a bit.

I have listened to the current 5xx line. The 558 is a little more sparkly than the 518 and have a little more bass. Other than that, the 558 and 598 are really similar.

I don't really have that much experience with audio gear (1 year) and I'm only 12 so I wouldn't know. :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #3,862 of 6,112
YKYAAW it irks you that someone calls the headphone jack a "headphone opening"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bette-midler-put-her-soaking-224500789.html

Yes, HD 518.
They are very good so far, and I can wear them for hours of gaming. Bass is tight and clean (not as good as momentums). Treble is great but vocals can be pushed back a bit.

I have listened to the current 5xx line. The 558 is a little more sparkly than the 518 and have a little more bass. Other than that, the 558 and 598 are really similar.

I don't really have that much experience with audio gear (1 year) and I'm only 12 so I wouldn't know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the reply; I generally prefer forwards vocals, so I may have to stay away from the HD518.

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #3,864 of 6,112
  YAY! I just got off the phone with Sonic Electronix. They told me that my NVX XPT100 headphones will arrive by Friday! ^_^

(Now I know that sometimes, Amazon's tracking should be ignored.)

Both our headphones will be arriving on Friday! 

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #3,866 of 6,112

Groovy! (I only heard the on-ear version of the Sennheiser Momentum and didn't like it at all, but it was a brief audition.)

That image reminded me that I still need to watch Angel Beats!

I was about to pull the trigger on the over-ear Momentum (used for $125), but I ended up going for the HE400, since they were pretty cheap. 

I don't normally watch anime with that animation style, but AB ended up being one of my favorite anime. :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #3,867 of 6,112
  I was about to pull the trigger on the over-ear Momentum (used for $125), but I ended up going for the HE400, since they were pretty cheap. 

I don't normally watch anime with that animation style, but AB ended up being one of my favorite anime. :)

Ah, then you have nothing to worry about. (I was just going from what your profile currently says.)

Do you have a My Anime List profile? Here's mine.

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #3,868 of 6,112

Ah, then you have nothing to worry about. (I was just going from what your profile currently says.)

Do you have a My Anime List profile? Here's mine.

Yea, I haven't updated that in sometime, but I just did, even though almost nothing has really changed. lol

No, I have a Anime-Planet list, though. Here's the link in case you want to see it
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I like your list, though, I still need to see Fullmetal Alchemist.

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #3,869 of 6,112

I heard the Signature PRO is even better. I know a guy who owned one, but he sold it since he has better headphones like the AKG K812.

it depends a lot on what you want from headphones... i want more treble and more soundstage. in these terms, dj line works better.. otherwise, yes, the sig pro is better, it is more linear, and should sound interesting. the akg k812 is open back, so i consider it a bit unfair to compare them. i mean, they are going to have a different sound.

YJKYAAW you clean your ears every day with special alchool solution to keep your hearing at the best levels possible. this and it protects against funghi, a type of ear disease. this, and i observed that cleaning the ears daily gives better and clearer overall sound.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #3,870 of 6,112
  it depends a lot on what you want from headphones... i want more treble and more soundstage. in these terms, dj line works better.. otherwise, yes, the sig pro is better, it is more linear, and should sound interesting. the akg k812 is open back, so i consider it a bit unfair to compare them. i mean, they are going to have a different sound.

The Signature PRO and Signature DJ are actually in the Signature line, whereas the DJ 1 and DJ 1 PRO are in the DJ line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back