You know who is the most unlucky amp Head-Fier ?...
Feb 7, 2006 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Ko Nectic Jazz

100+ Head-Fier
Guess who ? Me.

I just received this morning a SuperMini from Dr.Xin.
I put 2 AAA batteries in it and plug it. The LED is working... but that's all !...
No sound ! Not even a noise with full volume !...
Is it me or am I cursed ??
The first time I bought a amp, it was from Z-Audio, a Mu.
Samething, damn it !
Is there something I'm doing wrong ??
Second time ! I first thought it was the cable, then I took a Jack/RCA with a jack adaptor to see if it was cable's fault.
Too bad. Not cable's fault, 'cause this other cable is working, I know it.
I only tried the amp on my iAudio M5L. Don't tell me it has a too big voltage and it has burned out SuperMini.
I also tried to roll opamp as I ordered a Solid Tube, no change ! Do the caps can't bare airplanes ??

What could I do ? Do I mail Dr.Xin to send it back ?
The problem is I'm not sure to be patient enough to wait a month again !...

Feb 7, 2006 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ko Nectic Jazz
Guess who ? Me.

I just received this morning a SuperMini from Dr.Xin.
I put 2 AAA batteries in it and plug it. The LED is working... but that's all !...
No sound ! Not even a noise with full volume !..
What could I do ? Do I mail Dr.Xin to send it back ?
The problem is I'm not sure to be patient enough to wait a month again !...

Are you sure the batteries are fully charged? I would try some new batteries before I shipped it back.
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 23
Are you sure you are plugging your source cable & headphone into the correct jacks? Try switching them.

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 23
Batteries are new.

I checked on Xin site for the input and output plugs even before I turned it on for the first time.

My source was on.

I'll send it tomorrow morning. Dr. Xin told me to do so, and he'll refund me.
No amp anymore, end of the story.
I'll buy a Ms2i, and maybe a Firestone for my DT990 if I keep them.
Then I'll save for eventual new elements for my speakers system.
No portable amp anymore, I give up. I need to be sure that the material that I buy will be working at the arrival, because for now, all I paid for is only shipments, shipments and evenmore shipments !
I give up.

Feb 8, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

I buy will be working at the arrival, because for now, all I paid for is only shipments, shipments and evenmore shipments !
I give up.

Third time is the charm, as the saying goes. Why not try once more, and if your bad luck continues then you know it should be a sign... try again once more.

Feb 8, 2006 at 12:06 PM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

I'll send it tomorrow morning. Dr. Xin told me to do so, and he'll refund me.
No amp anymore, end of the story.

I would strongly encourage you to hang on. Letting the Mini3 go you may regret what you have missed.

F. Lo

Feb 8, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #10 of 23
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I had a little question as I'm actually considering maybe the same amp ( to drive some Beyer 770's ) and I'm also located in France.
Did you have to pay any customs ( douane ) for this?

Feb 8, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdat
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I had a little question as I'm actually considering maybe the same amp ( to drive some Beyer 770's ) and I'm also located in France.
Did you have to pay any customs ( douane ) for this?

Don't worry. I'm purchasing items from all over the world for more than one year now, and I never, ever paid any fees.
In Europe, we only pay taxes in the foreign country where we purchase the goods. It means : Pas de droits de douanes. No problem.

Quote:

Third time is the charm, as the saying goes. Why not try once more, and if your bad luck continues then you know it should be a sign... try again once more.

This is very kind of you all, guys. The problem is, if we count portable amps, supermini was only my second. But if we count in amps, it was my third.
Even my cheap B-Tech BT928 TV worked better when it came... for only £25 average !... It's a bit disappointing... for $220 (+SolidTube) !

Feb 8, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Don't worry. I'm purchasing items from all over the world for more than one year now, and I never, ever paid any fees.
In Europe, we only pay taxes in the foreign country where we purchase the goods. It means : Pas de droits de douanes. No problem.

My other big passion is shoes and I also get a lot of stuff shipped to France from around the world (us and japan mostly ) and having to pay customs is fairly random and unpredictable ( only had to pay it twice last year on 25 or so fedex/ups shipments for shoes, clothes or computer hardware so I guess I'm lucky but not as lucky as you and amps
tongue.gif
).

Anyhow I hope everything works out for you with the amp and you really shouldn't give up on the idea of trying to acquire a quality one
orphsmile.gif
icon10.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdat
My other big passion is shoes and I also get a lot of stuff shipped to France from around the world (us and japan mostly ) and having to pay customs is fairly random and unpredictable ( only had to pay it twice last year on 25 or so fedex/ups shipments for shoes, clothes or computer hardware so I guess I'm lucky but not as lucky as you and amps
tongue.gif
).

Anyhow I hope everything works out for you with the amp and you really shouldn't give up on the idea of trying to acquire a quality one
orphsmile.gif
icon10.gif

Oh yeah of course, if you use UPS, DHL, FedEx etc, you would be charged indeed. But when it's USPS or with any national post company, no charge.

Feb 9, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #14 of 23
I'm sorry to hear that you have such crappy luck but you should stick with the mini, it kicks ass.

Remember, the first time is an accident, the second time is a coincidence but the third time is war!

Give it another try although I'd be angry and frustrated as well if I were you.

Feb 9, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #15 of 23
I received my first portable headphone amp.It lasted all of 5-8 minutes.Had to send it back obviously.This is my first time so I'm not upset at all.Mistakes happen !

I can understand your frustrations and having to pay all sorts of shipping charges. I hope things turn out for the better.

If not for me ,then I will order a Hornet or sr-71 that has a much higher guarantee of working after I get a Paypal refund if I experience your same predicament.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back