You guys arn't very helpful..
Jan 23, 2012 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

EpicMango

New Head-Fier
I came to this forum after hearing a lot of positive things from other people saying that if you had a question, just ask it here, and it would definitely recieve a quality response, but I did not find that to be the case, if anything it was the opposite. I got no quality feedback for any of my topics, I'd probably recieve more feedback on a games forum about headphones than this forum, and to be honest I didn't gain anything from here. I've gotten more done from 30 minutes of research than the total amount of feedback here, and hell, even Amazons reviews helped me eons better than you guys did. So yea. I hope you guys enjoy sitting on your high horse, because im outtie :D

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 31

Quote:
I came to this forum after hearing a lot of positive things from other people saying that if you had a question, just ask it here, and it would definitely recieve a quality response, but I did not find that to be the case, if anything it was the opposite. I got no quality feedback for any of my topics, I'd probably recieve more feedback on a games forum about headphones than this forum, and to be honest I didn't gain anything from here. I've gotten more done from 30 minutes of research than the total amount of feedback here, and hell, even Amazons reviews helped me eons better than you guys did. So yea. I hope you guys enjoy sitting on your high horse, because im outtie :D

beats by dr dre. all the way

buy them from: beatsbydre.com

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #5 of 31
I thinke he means this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/591735/monster-turbines-vs-v-moda-vibe-sheer-bass-output#post_8076805

I wouldn't get pent up if no one responds, probably no one had an answer for you.

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #6 of 31
First of all, head-fi is THE source for anything headphones related from what I've seen. No other places have so much info under one roof.
Just because you didn't get what you were looking for after 3 posts (excluding this post) that doesn't mean the forum is unhelpful or everyone's sitting on a "high horse" although I am sure there are plenty of those here.
I've had plenty of posts where I didn't get responses that I liked but that's how it is for everyone, not because no one is helpful or everyone hates you. I also didn't bother to reply to a post just because I am either not interested or have no knowledge.

From my experience, popular reasons why you don't get replies are:

- Already beaten to death
- Silly questions or questions that are too broad
- No one knows much about it (not a popular brand/product)

Sometimes you have to search a lot to find what you're looking for.
Sometimes you have to ask and be patient until someone with an answer replies.
Sometimes you will not get answers you're looking for. If this is the case, maybe you can find the answer out and contribute to the forum then someone following your foot steps later will benefit from your work.

About the questions you asked, I have absolutely no idea because I have no experience with them
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 31

Quote:

Just let me get this straight: You made a thread to complain about people not posting in your thread and then claim that we're sitting on our high horse for not responding, regardless of whether we could offer useful information?

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #9 of 31
I've had the opposite experience. There is a great amount of information here, and people tend to be both helpful and friendly. I joined just a few days a go and I've already had a very successful thread that helped me to determine what I should purchase.

Sometimes you have to do some of your own research first, and accept the fact that your questions may sometimes go unanswered. That's life. If you had made, say, ten different threads and none of them had received a useful response, I would agree. However, throwing a temper tantrum over just a couple of threads is silly.

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #10 of 31

Quote:
I've had the opposite experience. There is a great amount of information here, and people tend to be both helpful and friendly. I joined just a few days a go and I've already had a very successful thread that helped me to determine what I should purchase.

Sometimes you have to do some of your own research first, and accept the fact that your questions may sometimes go unanswered. That's life. If you had made, say, ten different threads and none of them had received a useful response, I would agree. However, throwing a temper tantrum over just a couple of threads is silly.

My FIRST day here I got a PM and ended up buying my TF10's off someone. I didnt even use the sale thread saying WTB TF10 etc. I have had more talks already in PM's over forums I have been a member of for years.

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #12 of 31

Quote:

+1

Joined almost a month ago after having been a reader for a few months now and everyone that I've talked to has been helpful. That and the fact that although I am new to hi-fi headphones I haven't been stomped on as a noob. Everyone's very encouraging and informative.

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #13 of 31

Quote:
First of all, head-fi is THE source for anything headphones related from what I've seen. No other places have so much info under one roof.
Just because you didn't get what you were looking for after 3 posts (excluding this post) that doesn't mean the forum is unhelpful or everyone's sitting on a "high horse" although I am sure there are plenty of those here.
I've had plenty of posts where I didn't get responses that I liked but that's how it is for everyone, not because no one is helpful or everyone hates you. I also didn't bother to reply to a post just because I am either not interested or have no knowledge.

From my experience, popular reasons why you don't get replies are:

- Already beaten to death
- Silly questions or questions that are too broad
- No one knows much about it (not a popular brand/product)

Sometimes you have to search a lot to find what you're looking for.
Sometimes you have to ask and be patient until someone with an answer replies.
Sometimes you will not get answers you're looking for. If this is the case, maybe you can find the answer out and contribute to the forum then someone following your foot steps later will benefit from your work.

About the questions you asked, I have absolutely no idea because I have no experience with them
wink.gif

This says it all.
Great forum and all the information is there if you go look yourself anyways

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #14 of 31
In my experience the vast majority of folks on head-fi are passionate and knowledgeable audiophiles who graciously help other members whenever possible. I've learnt a massive amount reading equipment reviews and reading articles on head-fi.

IMHO head-fi is a fantastic resource and great fun too.

L3000.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #15 of 31
Head-Fi is a great resource for information on audio, I literally learned everything about audio here after countless hours of researching and reading. 

Your "unreplied thread" is probably because no one has experience with your question, plus they are not exactly the most popular earphones here. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back