You can only listen to one musical group for the rest of your life. Who would it be?
Jul 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #17 of 77
Quote:
That's sort of like asking if I would rather cut-off my left nut or my right...

I am torn between picking my old favorite, and therefore limiting myself to only 9 albums, or picking a much more prolific band that would provide me more variety.

The only way to win is not to play.  

+1 for the Wargames quote.

And for me it'd be the left nut, hands down. That one does weird stuff.

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #18 of 77
Social Distortion

Jul 15, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #19 of 77
Black Sabbath.

Although Led Zeppelin would be the logical choice as there are way more bootlegs out there-1000s.

Jul 16, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #20 of 77
The problem with Led Zeppelin is that it's 1000's of bootlegs of the songs found on the same 9 albums.  Sure, the bootlegs are all different - but even a die hard Zeppelin fan like me is going to eventually need something different after I have every variation of Bonzo's Montreux memorized.

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #21 of 77
Quote:
The problem with Led Zeppelin is that it's 1000's of bootlegs of the songs found on the same 9 albums.  Sure, the bootlegs are all different - but even a die hard Zeppelin fan like me is going to eventually need something different after I have every variation of Bonzo's Montreux memorized.

If you heard the Zeppelin albums, they are all a little different.

And on another note...................
 Kiss has recorded every show from every concert of the 09 tour. Every CD has the same songs.......HA HA. Each song is slightly different. I think you can buy them all for $1500. That's a lot of CDRs.

http://www.kissonline.com/news/article/id/18916

If every band made and profited off there own concert recordings?

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #22 of 77
You can't really compare the marketing of Kiss with anyone - expect maybe the Monkees..  
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #24 of 77
While on the one hand I would absolutely hate to have this become reality, the answer for me is very simple and required no consideration: The Grateful Dead.

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #25 of 77
Quote:
While on the one hand I would absolutely hate to have this become reality, the answer for me is very simple and required no consideration: The Grateful Dead.

Hmmm - Aren't you actually assuming that you are stranded on an island with one band's music AND a large pile of mind-altering substances?

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #27 of 77
Quote:

Hmmm - Aren't you actually assuming that you are stranded on an island with one band's music AND a large pile of mind-altering substances?

Not required - but if I am stuck on an island, might be nice
L3000.gif

Quote:
Interesting answer, is Warren Haynes playing guitar?

I hope that was a joke. 

The one and only Grateful Dead guitarist is Jerry Garcia.  Haynes has played with some GD members after Garcia's death, but that is NOT the Grateful Dead.

Jul 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #29 of 77
Quote:

I hope that was a joke. 

The one and only Grateful Dead guitarist is Jerry Garcia.  Haynes has played with some GD members after Garcia's death, but that is NOT the Grateful Dead.

Sorry, didnt mean to offend or anything, but Jerry is no longer with us. I answered the question as if I could only hear whoever live.

Jul 19, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #30 of 77
No doubt: The Rolling Stones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back