Yo-yos, because there isn't a thread about them
Jan 10, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #76 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though, I might not like having to end every single trick in a bind. We shall see.

You get used to it and tugging your hand doesn't seem as smooth anymore.

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #78 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And save your HG.
YYJ discontinued them b/c of the rising prices of copper.
Probably because of electric cables. haha.

Oh wow, I had no idea. I will have to make sure my HG stays in good condition. I still have the original box and everything, so lets hope it turns out to be a collectors item.

biggrin.gif

I'll keep dreaming.

Jan 13, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #80 of 95
So far the pgm and lyn fury are so smooth its not funny. I only have the fhz from previous to compare this too. They bing very nice also. I love the feel of the kos in my hand and is a clear winner as far as what I grab the most. It doesn't spin as long as the others for me, but it still spins a very long time. The kos got a little snaggy for me but some thin lube cleared this up, and the kos binds the best as far as things go. I'll put a more in depth review later. I also got the sunset trajectory and its an excellent looper. It leaves my proyo in the dust.

Dec 31, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #82 of 95
Currently throwing a satined Oxy 3vo, ILOVEYOYO Fury, and a SPYY Punchline for 1a, and a pair of Proteges for 3a. Trading my ILOVEYOYO Falcon for a 44re:creation Stardust V1!

Quote:
appophylite said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And that's because most modern yoyos are unresponsive, meaning you can tug them up to the ceiling and they won't return. They need a bind. Or else a lot of the tricks we do would smack your hands, unless we did them super smoothly.

It's not that modern yo-yos are unresponsive: they are designed to generate long amounts of spin at the bottom of the string when thrown and require a very proper flick of the wrist to pull the yo yo back up the string (something I'm not good at with such yo-yo's)

My friend is at the intermediate level with yo-yo's and he broke them down into several categories for me:

Category 1:
These yo-yo's have a clutch system that is engaged only when the yo-yo is thrown down with proper force. The clutch allows free spin at the bottom of the string until it loses inertia and disengages the clutch allowing the yo-yo to return back to the hand.

Category 2:
Similar to the old-school yo-yo's, these yo-yo's require little more than a good throw to have the yo-yo return to your hand. They require a proper flick of the wrist to get the yo-yo to free spin at the bottom of the string instead of return and require a similarly well timed flick to pull the yo-yo back.

Category 3:
These yo-yo's are designed to free spin with little more than a regular throw. Getting them to return up the string to the hand is a bit more complex, and requires careful flick of the wrist to return.

Category 4:
Also referred to as off-string yo-yo's, these are designed to release from the string so that the user can perform complex string tricks and string bounces/acrobatics. Getting the yo-yo to spool the string back around its axle takes a lot more practice than I'm ready to put into it.

Based off of those categories that he broke them down into for me, I can only really work Category 1 and 2, and can modify Category 3 yo-yo's to behave like Category 2 yo-yo's.

Completely incorrect except for Category 4.

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #83 of 95
I got back into yoyoing bg this year although I'm now kinda bored.  Sincle my earlier post I've tried the Punchline. M1, 2 hattricks, Dingo, Campfire, Pacquio, DV888, 07 888, Skyline, Bolt, SB2, Y Factor, Spyder, Hectic, and Wedgie.  The 2 that fit my needs the best were the Wedgie and the Skyline.  I have since sold everything but the Bolt to fund some audio purchases.  The Doc Pop Bolt is really smooth for a plastic.  If anyone here wants to get into yoyoing but doesn't want to order online, Duncan is selling the Metal Drifter at Toys r us and there freehand is pretty good now to since they recessed it.  The post above me, you have some really nice throws, I bet that Oxy is ridiculously smooth.

Jan 12, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #84 of 95
Jan 12, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #87 of 95
got a yoyofactory primo, grindmachine 2 (metal), yoyojam darkmagic 2 and a couple cheapies

Jan 12, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #89 of 95

Quote:
Quote:
got a yoyofactory primo, grindmachine 2 (metal), yoyojam darkmagic 2 and a couple cheapies

Good since you have so many you can part with 1 or 2.

primo was sent in for repair...the bearing seat was so tight I was literally ripping chunks out of my bearing when i tried to pry it off 0_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back