Yo-yos, because there isn't a thread about them
Dec 13, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #61 of 95
actually, the FHZ is kind of considered to be the staple plastic in most peoples collections, because of it's easy modability, fantastic play after said mods, and cheap price.
I recommend everyone here get one after a bit and maybe try recessing it.

and I think the patriot it actually a dual starburst journey, but that's a small difference.

Quote:

shoot the yoyo a couple hundred feet in the air

Lookout, aircraft!

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #63 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by kretzschmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it makes me want to get a journey since my patriot shattered

well, you COULD get one, but journeys are more fragile than most.
hmm... Hayabusa for just offstring.

Or journey and be careful. They're great yoyos, as long as the avoid hard impacts.

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #64 of 95
It was surreal to see this thread... a combination of my old senseless obsession, and my new one!

I used to idle around popular yo-yo IRC channels about 6-7 years ago, and I picked up a Yoyojam Kickside a couple months ago, just for fun. It really is a good yo-yo if you're just trying to "get into it", being around $15.

Dec 14, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #65 of 95
My yo-yos should come in the post today or tommorow
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #67 of 95
I have been using my Hitman a bit. Actually, I just now learned the simplest bind method, placing the finger on the front of the string, flipping it back onto the string much like a trapeze. Seems to work very well. Though, I made my yoyo responsive with thick lube so I have no idea how this will work with thin lube and/or spacers.

I'm just doing some basic tricks and working on my throw right now. Any recommendations for throwing with the least amount of vibration? Attaching the string to the middle segment of my middle finger helped.

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #68 of 95
The Journey is much more responsive than the Lyn Fury, made of a different plastic, and is a little bigger. I'll post more info once I have a vague idea what I'm talking about.

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #69 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Journey is much more responsive than the Lyn Fury, made of a different plastic, and is a little bigger. I'll post more info once I have a vague idea what I'm talking about.

Journey's more stable, lighter, made of polycarbonate, larger diameter, and more traditional shape.
Lyn's celcon, heavier, faster, and has a shape that curves in faster.

From my memory. I gave away the last of my journeys a while ago.
Interested to hear your thoughts. Mine are stale.

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #70 of 95
I forgot about this hobby. I still have my Heavy Gravity and my Mini-MoTu.

I was never really all that good at tricks though. I got stuck trying to do the spirit bomb for like 2 months, and finally gave up.

Dec 17, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #71 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forgot about this hobby. I still have my Heavy Gravity and my Mini-MoTu.

I was never really all that good at tricks though. I got stuck trying to do the spirit bomb for like 2 months, and finally gave up.

haha, I heard it was hard, and didn't want to worry about it.
So I just went and started making my own tricks when I got up to it, instead of waiting till after like most.

And save your HG.
YYJ discontinued them b/c of the rising prices of copper.
Probably because of electric cables. haha.

Dec 24, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #73 of 95
Ah, man. Yo yos became extremely popular when I was in middle school. Everyone had one. I had a couple Omega X-Brains and a Firestorm or something like that. You weren't cool unless you had a yo yo.

Dec 24, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #74 of 95
I haven't been learning any new tricks, just binding practice. I haven't had a lot of free time lately.

I have changed my hitman to be responsive. I'll soon go unresponsive and try binding that way. Though, I might not like having to end every single trick in a bind. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back