Yin Lu Mei m400 portable usb dac/amp (Ak4499, 3.5SE, 4.4BAL)
Mar 23, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #107 of 123
Got same cable, 60cm length, unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

Either it's a phone issue (I'll test with my gf phone later today) or firmware issue.
I'll email manufacturer, let's see if they have any fw update for this case. Thanks.

Sorry for double post
This may depend on the phone. on my oneplus 6 must have OTG enabled, on my motorola it works without any additional settings.

Mar 24, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #110 of 123
For sure on 1+ it should be switched on manually, go to Settings then System (almost at bottom of the Settings menu) and OTG storage there. Oneplus turns this function off automatically when not in use.

Thanks, still no joy. The connection with PC is very flaky as well, it has to be the device. I'll kick off email to their support, lets see what they will say about this.

Apr 1, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #112 of 123
After 2 weeks of using my unit failed, unfortunately.

The charging stopped working, the fault was with protection diode on the usb port, easy fix. Buta taking apart the device is not so easy, I have damaged the lcd screen.
Anyone knows if its possible to get replacement somewhere? I've emailed YLM about USB issues but no reply yet after few days, so dont think they will action on this

Jun 6, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #113 of 123
After 2 weeks of using my unit failed, unfortunately.

The charging stopped working, the fault was with protection diode on the usb port, easy fix. Buta taking apart the device is not so easy, I have damaged the lcd screen.
Anyone knows if its possible to get replacement somewhere? I've emailed YLM about USB issues but no reply yet after few days, so dont think they will action on this
Please contact me if the sound is normal and you are willing to sell it.

Jul 2, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #118 of 123
To my mind, M400 Plus stacks up against ~800 USD DAPs/DACs pretty well. M400 Plus even sounds well beyond its price.Though I think this DACAmp does not sound neutral, it has an energetic, vivid sound signature with tight bass and detailed highs. M400 Plus's signature is close to the W-shaped one, I think. As for comparisons, for me M400 Plus is technically much better than Shanling M6 Pro (more body and details, no sibilance, tighter bass, wider soundstage), FiiO M11 (more details, tighter bass, wider soundstage), AK Kann Cube Alpha (more details on mids, tighter bass, wider soundstage). It's even on par with LPGT if to compare them from memory. Actually, I didn't find LPGT anything extraordinary in terms of the SQ, and still think that my YinLvMei A2 is quite comparable to it with a different signature and accents, of course.
In terms of the output power, the M400 Plus successfully competes with AK Kann Cube Alpha and runs circles around ~1000 USD DAPs (with very few exceptions. like QLS361, I think)
Hi. Can you compare the sound of Yinlumei A2 and m400? Which one do you prefer? I wonder if I can use Tidal and Apple music on Yinlumei A2.

Feb 14, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #119 of 123
Is Anybody here?
Does anyone know the m400 supports mqa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back