Yin Lu Mei m400 portable usb dac/amp (Ak4499, 3.5SE, 4.4BAL)
Mar 7, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #92 of 123
Anyone can explain the buttons on the M400+ or take photo of manual please? Got one with no manual but can't change source to usb
Hi!
1 - balanced out 4.4, volume controlled
2 - 3.5 out, volume controlled
3 - 3.4 line out
4 - USB in
5, 6 - track forward and back, should be supported with software, i.e. works not everywhere
7 - short press - stop/play, works if supported with software, long press - switch bluetooth on or off
8 - gain control (amplification level)
9 - on/off, when on - short press changes digital filters

charge port on the back, DAC may not work when charging. Also mike and bluetooth LED are on the back.

My m400+ switches itself to USB automatically when USB port connected onto port 4 at the picture.

My m400+ works with the phone only via OTG cable, not with regular usb-c cable.

Attachments

• m400p.jpg
    m400p.jpg
    815.6 KB · Views: 0
Mar 7, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #93 of 123
So need to get USBC otg cable. Right.
Altough i'm fine so far with LDAC.

Thanks.

PS. Track control is all over the place, but not sure if I'll ever need. It is not going to leave my home. Using xDSD as portable on the go

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #94 of 123
Hi!
1 - balanced out 4.4, volume controlled
2 - 3.5 out, volume controlled
3 - 3.4 line out
4 - USB in
5, 6 - track forward and back, should be supported with software, i.e. works not everywhere
7 - short press - stop/play, works if supported with software, long press - switch bluetooth on or off
8 - gain control (amplification level)
9 - on/off, when on - short press changes digital filters

charge port on the back, DAC may not work when charging. Also mike and bluetooth LED are on the back.

My m400+ switches itself to USB automatically when USB port connected onto port 4 at the picture.

My m400+ works with the phone only via OTG cable, not with regular usb-c cable.
Actually the DAC works while charging i my unit.

Any firmware upapdates etc available?

Mar 7, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #95 of 123
So need to get USBC otg cable. Right.
Altough i'm fine so far with LDAC.

Thanks.

PS. Track control is all over the place, but not sure if I'll ever need. It is not going to leave my home. Using xDSD as portable on the go
The easiest way is to plug an OTG adapter like the one pictured into the phone and then you may use regular type c to usb cable. As for me, cabled connection outperforms bluetooth substantially.

Attachments

• otg.png
    otg.png
    393 KB · Views: 0
Mar 14, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #97 of 123
M400 Plus graphs.png

I would just like to point out something I noticed about the YinLvMei M400 Plus.

I always knew that the M400 Plus increased IEM's bass and reduced the treble response. But I thought it was just an internal DSP they added.

However, testing all of the output ports of the M400 Plus, I realize that it may not be a DSP filter, but rather simply due to the Output Impedance of each port.

The LO port adds the least amount of color to the IEM sound, but still has reduces the treble, compared to the Fiio M11 "neutral" sound.

I'm contacting YinLvMei to clarify, but everyone should be aware that the M400 Plus is going to add varying level of "color" (increased bass & rolled treble) compared to other devices such as the iPhone dongle or DAPS.

Mar 14, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #98 of 123
M400 Plus graphs.png

I would just like to point out something I noticed about the YinLvMei M400 Plus.

I always knew that the M400 Plus increased IEM's bass and reduced the treble response. But I thought it was just an internal DSP they added.

However, testing all of the output ports of the M400 Plus, I realize that it may not be a DSP filter, but rather simply due to the Output Impedance of each port.

The LO port adds the least amount of color to the IEM sound, but still has reduces the treble, compared to the Fiio M11 "neutral" sound.

I'm contacting YinLvMei to clarify, but everyone should be aware that the M400 Plus is going to add varying level of "color" (increased bass & rolled treble) compared to other devices such as the iPhone dongle or DAPS.
Thank you, very interesting charts! Can you do the same for the different filters, at least for a couple or three of the seven available?

Mar 14, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #99 of 123

I always thought this was some kind of innate always-on Crossfeed DSP effect. But your interpretation seems believable.

But I like to source roll, and this audiophile colored presentation makes for a unique experience for so. (I use audiophile here as in "not hi-fidelity" but for enjoyment-targeted subjective playback)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back