Yin Lu Mei m400 portable usb dac/amp (Ak4499, 3.5SE, 4.4BAL)
Nov 4, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #32 of 123
I'm interested. Would this be a good buy? I'm looking to get a desktop/portable amp,/dac to being everywhere.

Yes, this is criminally underrated

i've moved away from a desktop setup to this, primarily for IEM use but occasionally i use it to drive my ZMF Auteur

the sound is very clean leans just slightly rich and great bottom end

Nov 4, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #33 of 123
Yes, this is criminally underrated

i've moved away from a desktop setup to this, primarily for IEM use but occasionally i use it to drive my ZMF Auteur

the sound is very clean leans just slightly rich and great bottom end

Is the product supported by the manufacturers ? Firmware updates, etc.

How is the battery life ?

Any quirks/bugs that buyers should know about?

As I am reading more about this, I have the feeling that this could replace all my setups, portable or not.

Nov 4, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #34 of 123
Is the product supported by the manufacturers ? Firmware updates, etc.

How is the battery life ?

Any quirks/bugs that buyers should know about?

As I am reading more about this, I have the feeling that this could replace all my setups, portable or not.

Haven't checked the firmware, they do have a website that seems active. It's stable, no unexpected shutdowns or glitches

I don't like the on/off button. It's not precise and it requires to be held down for like 3-5 secs

On headphone use I get about 5 hrs and maybe 5.5 - 6 hrs on iem use

Nov 17, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #36 of 123
I got the YinLvMei M400 Plus and returned it after a week.

It has a warmish sound with decent transparency. Overall it's an okay device.
Could you, please, give more details on the sound signature of YinLvMei M400 Plus? Which DAPs/DACs did you compare it with? Which IEMs/earphones did you use it with?

Nov 17, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #37 of 123
Could you, please, give more details on the sound signature of YinLvMei M400 Plus? Which DAPs/DACs did you compare it with? Which IEMs/earphones did you use it with?
I tried it with Abyss Diana V2 4.4mm out.
I compared it with my Oriolus Stack, the stack completely destroys it in terms of sound signature, detail retrieval and output power.

Nov 17, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #38 of 123
I tried it with Abyss Diana V2 4.4mm out.
I compared it with my Oriolus Stack, the stack completely destroys it in terms of sound signature, detail retrieval and output power.
Thanks for the reply) Did you try connecting Diana to the single-end out of the YinLvMei M400plus?

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #40 of 123
del

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #41 of 123
There wasn't enough power for the Diana out of the Balanced 4.4mm Out.
Hm, as I see Abyss Diana has higher sensitivity than my HiFiman HE-500 (with Diana demanding less driving power even with slightly higher impedance), which I mostly listen connected to YinLvMei A2 DAP. Considering the similar output power (as specified by the manufacturer) of A2 and M400plus, I thought M400plus would be no slouch to drive Diana, but your experience proves otherwise. How about other M400plus aspects: relaibility, heat, is it ok?

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #42 of 123
Hm, as I see Abyss Diana has higher sensitivity than my HiFiman HE-500 (with Diana demanding less driving power even with slightly higher impedance), which I mostly listen connected to YinLvMei A2 DAP. Considering the similar output power (as specified by the manufacturer) of A2 and M400plus, I thought M400plus would be no slouch to drive Diana, but your experience proves otherwise. How about other M400plus aspects: relaibility, heat, is it ok?
Volume pot is very flimsy. It will probably break in a few months. Heat is fine.

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #44 of 123
I got the YinLvMei M400 Plus and returned it after a week.

It has a warmish sound with decent transparency. Overall it's an okay device.

isn’t your adored stack an overkill when compared to just the m400plus alone? That’s not even a fair fight :d

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #45 of 123
isn’t your adored stack an overkill when compared to just the m400plus alone? That’s not even a fair fight :d
I don't adore anything. DACs and AMPs are only useful to me by virtue of their sound. Once something else sounds better to me, I tend to replace my current setup immediately.
I was actually looking to replace the stack with the m400 plus being on the hype train of the AK4499. I was expecting a lot from this because of this DAC chip but unfortunately it did not deliver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back