Yet another Skullcandy Aviator review
May 30, 2011 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

linuxid10t

500+ Head-Fier

[size=medium]
I tried out the Aviators at a local Bestbuy.  They were definitely the best phones on display, and not by a small amount.  Quite frankly the Klipsch Image One didn't hold a candle to the Aviators.  The mids are really the star of the show for the Aviators, and they are great for rock.  Listening to SOAD, they sounded pretty good, but at times lacked the speed to keep up with the music like my Sennheiser HD 595s.  The best way I could put it, they work great for rock, but for any fast rock or metal, you might want a different pair of phones.  As for the bass, it never really stood out to me.  There wasn't a whole lot of bass impact, and I doubt they would sound very good for any rap or hip hop.  The treble is kinda wonky at times going up and down, but really that is more of a function of closed phones more than anything else.  The overall sound to be summed up is fun, but never objectionable.  They don't need an amp, they fold up, they are comfortable, and I personally love the styling.  As for the isolation, it is decent enough, but definitely not great.  Really all the isolation is above 1000 hz.  That being said, for $150, they really aren't a bad value.  If you don't believe me, drive to Bestbuy and listen for yourself.
[/size]

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 11
Well idk, that was kind of a short review, but still a very valued opinion. Would you say these are worth their retail price? I might buy these as a gift to my brother or sister, and don't want to be disappointed, or disappoint.

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 11
I totally agree with your review, I listened to the aviator 2 times at different bestbuys (killing time waiting for a friend) and another time at an apple store (same reason) and I think they are definitely pretty good.

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 11
They won't disappoint, for their price, they are pretty good.  They are also very stylish, and not in a gaudy typical Skullcandy way.  If you don't take my word for it though, Jude has only good things to say pretty much.  One real upside is they would make pretty good presents regardless of if the person is into headphones.  They also synergize great with iPods.  

Quote:
Well idk, that was kind of a short review, but still a very valued opinion. Would you say these are worth their retail price? I might buy these as a gift to my brother or sister, and don't want to be disappointed, or disappoint.

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #6 of 11
It is funny, I actually kept walking around the Best Buy, then kept coming back to the Aviators, MANY times.

Quote:
I totally agree with your review, I listened to the aviator 2 times at different bestbuys (killing time waiting for a friend) and another time at an apple store (same reason) and I think they are definitely pretty good.

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #7 of 11
I was bored, I wouldn't buy one... but they sounded pretty good.

Quote:
It is funny, I actually kept walking around the Best Buy, then kept coming back to the Aviators, MANY times.

Jun 3, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #11 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back