Yarra Speaker System
Dec 9, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #121 of 291
@Dr AIX: ... And why didn't you mention your inclination or necessity to using lossy AC3 format with Yarra at the times when you were busy persuading your readers and Forum members to back Yarra? You must have known that your name had become a synonym for the multichannel PCM (even in high definition version!) so that your readers and potential backers could easily get fooled?!? How could you, who were so sensitive and hyper aware of the 'big differences' between two HD MCH formats (DSD and PCM), suddenly assume that mentioning a lossy AC3 level of the Yarra to your readers and potential backers would be an unnecessary hairsplitting? OK, there are colleagues who really don't care about that, who are only interested in TV sound and LPs. There are also those who intend to use Yarra with the Realiser only. But what about the rest? What about your diligent MCH PCM pupils and followers? It was your obligation to warn them!!!

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #124 of 291
Fortunately, MLKRI, none of what you question will be an issue since the Yarra is dead. Or are we beating dead horses around here?
Well, Erik Garci already answered you - Yarra is not dead, moreover, it is pregnant and new baby, Yarra II, is expected to come to this world in a couple of ......well ... whatever. And the horse we are beating here - namely human hypocrisy - will unfortunately live forever, together with the horse named human stupidity.

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #125 of 291
Or maybe he used 5.1 PCM.
Dr AIX to mlkri said:
DECEMBER 9, 2018 AT 12:49 PM
The YARRA 3DX can accept PCM, AC3, or APTX HD via TOSLink, HDMI, or USB. I took the wav files from the rip and created an interleaved AC3 (Dolby Digital) files and added it to the DVD iso image.
mlkri to Dr AIX said:
DECEMBER 10, 2018 AT 4:34 AM
And why to lossy Dolby Digital and not to lossless PCM, your and our favourite format?
Dr AIX to mlkri said:
DECEMBER 10, 2018 AT 5:39 AM
The system does a lot of processing and MCH PCM is not possible.
@Dr AIX: Why didn't you tell this to your readers and followers before their payments? You knew they (we) assumed that functionality.

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #126 of 291
Dr AIX to mlkri9 said:
DECEMBER 10, 2018 AT 5:39 AM
The system does a lot of processing and MCH PCM is not possible.
This statement does not makes sense to me. I would expect that 5.1 PCM would not require any more processing than Dolby Digital. After all, when the sound bar internally decodes 5.1 Dolby Digital, the result is a 5.1 PCM signal which is then passed to the next stage of processing. Why would it make a difference whether the 5.1 signal was decoded internally by the sound bar versus pre-decoded externally by a source device?

Furthermore it is inconsistent with this earlier claim.
Duke Jarboe to mlkri9 said:
That being said, we have used multichannel 5.1 PCM on an Xbox and it seems to work fine.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #127 of 291
This statement does not makes sense to me. I would expect that 5.1 PCM would not require any more processing than Dolby Digital. After all, when the sound bar internally decodes 5.1 Dolby Digital, the result is a 5.1 PCM signal which is then passed to the next stage of processing. Why would it make a difference whether the 5.1 signal was decoded internally by the sound bar versus pre-decoded externally by a source device?
I don't know either. Maybe PCM originating from DD is smaller in size than the lossless version?
...Furthermore it is inconsistent with this earlier claim.
One thing was consistent all the time - carefully avoiding to explicitly say 'No MCH PCM input was planned. Yarra 3DX is a soundbar dedicated to gamers and TV viewers'.
I had to turn myself into a police investigator in order to make that clear.
Edit: I don't mention the use with the Realiser A16 because in the crowd of 2700, that is a real niche. Besides, who knows what surprises the Realiser A16 itself brings to us (you, if I get my refund)?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #128 of 291
Since the Yarra is probably dead in the water and I was only going to use it for connecvting it to the Realiser I am looking for an alternative.
Does anyone know of a soundbar that I can place under my monitor and has stereo analog input and a wired subwoofer output?

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #130 of 291
An official update was posted today.

YARRA 3DX Crowdfunding Backer Update

Thanks for the update and great news!
I ordered 2 of these buggers trough Indiegogo to use them with the Realiser, one under each widescreen monitor for my Mac and Win systems.

I wonder though why as an Indiegogo backer I don't get this news in my mailbox.
This update is posted on the Indiegogo site as well and I just checked my settings there.
Any ideas?

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #133 of 291
Feb 20, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #134 of 291

Basically the Yarra in another package.
I was positive about the update until I saw this. It seems to me like they used our funds for who knows what and are now selling the product without delivering to backers.
The sad thing is I need a pair of these as I built a whole setup here around the Realiser and two beamforming speakers.

Are these Mybeam speakers only available in the US?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back