Yamaha HPH-MT7, New Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
Jan 10, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #18 of 63
Looks like it will actually sell for $170 (or at least some stores have it listed at that price). Seems like a very decent price. I like Yamaha so I might try these... maybe. :p

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #19 of 63
  Looks like it will actually sell for $170 (or at least some stores have it listed at that price). Seems like a very decent price. I like Yamaha so I might try these... maybe. :p

I'm not impressed at all with this. The mids and highs are ok but the bass is seriously lacking. Even with a hardware EQ from my ifi iDSD, it does not pump out any decent bass.

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #22 of 63

I'm not impressed at all with this. The mids and highs are ok but the bass is seriously lacking. Even with a hardware EQ from my ifi iDSD, it does not pump out any decent bass.

Hm, I'm pumped, definitely need to check out new Yamaha
smile.gif
What do you mean by telling mids & highs are ok? Is it like MT-220 or better?
Maybe, iDSD doesn't have enough power for for MT7

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #23 of 63
i have to say that the Yamaha HPH-MT7 is a much more fun headphone, consider that the MT-220 is a bit laid-off and not very distinct

the bass is relatively good, but its a neutral sound to it

its a more circular,and i like what they have done with it, though it has a smaller sound to highs, with the circular sound to it

though it was good that if their next headphone would have some more details and even better than the mt-220 and the mt-7

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #24 of 63
for the price

the highs are excellent, midrange greatly good

the headphone is not very large, still its possible to use with larger ears, if you like the sound of a circular pads and driver

its not as sterile and
diffuse​
as the mt-220

and the bass is getting more pronounced and its possible to EQ it to get quite powerful, still its a neutral in the bass, there is some quantity you can EQ it, it seems to want to keep neutral to get the highs and midrange

very nice for mixing and producing, a little more bass, would have been good,
still it may improve, with more use and when getting used to the sound, and the preferable EQ:ing

may that, that they don't want it too be too bass-heavy without the control, and to hear the differences in bass, and to keep distortion away

for people wanting a good mixing and neutral phone, its seem to fit quite well, still as plenty of mixing headphone it has a boosted highs, they fit good in this sound, it's distinctive

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #25 of 63
Mt220 sterile n deffused.....dammmm...i need n upgrade :p

Jan 15, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #26 of 63

Mt220 sterile n deffused.....dammmm...i need n upgrade
tongue.gif

just an important thing, that the bass is very flat and when listening to it and comparing to the original mt-220 the bass on the 220 are flatter, would say with the MT-7 its more articulate, still very neutral, with an focus in finding distorsion in the bass. and also with the midrange, and highs when listening when mixing, as a perspective 

would be fun, if it would be possible to make the bass a bit more impactful,  with mods, so you can feel it more

the highs seem to be very accurate, on what it can handle, its a bit spiky

still it seems, that it doesn't hurt the ear even over or around 100 db+

he headphone is very nice, still you are wondering by times, where are the bass are going, seems that some times there are more air than, just a sound at all, from around 15 hz - 180 hz :)

both Sony with the Sony MDR Z-7 and Yamaha, are absolutely flawed when presenting these headphones as a high-resolution sound at all
they have the expertise at least make a affordable driver, that can perform at least near that kind of spectrum :)

the cable is excellent with the length and portability in the pocket, just to mention as a side note

some constructive composition

the ear pads, could have been a bit better, seems like that they had cut down on the costs, would be good to see, if they put out a 300 euro headphone, if it was worth buying considering the quality, build, and enjoyment,

as it seems a bit on the mt-7 mention it to be in their line of professional studio monitors (speakers), should have put a little more bass, to hear a bit more how the bass sounds, and making it more respondable with a higher threshold on the bass response, considering you seem to loose a bit of the bass sound, still it seems its more a headphone for more critical listening when trying out the sound, and getting what you want with the sound you like and hear

Yamaha seems to be serious in the audio-industry, may be that they should put some more precision as a quite reowned company to take it a bit further than, taking some of the finer things in their audio equipment to a bit higher level

they could have taken this release a bit to a higher level with better ear pads, some minor change in materials, and a bit more expertcise

may be that they have made this products, a bit under Yamaha standards in some ways with, made in Taiwan

Jan 15, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #27 of 63
Maybe a mt9 with 45mm drivers :)

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #28 of 63
The reason why the MT7 will not have a lot bass weight and impact. Is because the small 40mm drivers just like the hd540 ref 2 i have. You need bigger drivers for more bass weight and impact.

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #29 of 63
Maybe a mt9 with 45mm drivers
smily_headphones1.gif

Its good, still a little more bass, would have made this one a even better headphone, was a little too, much of less on these

The reason why the MT7 will not have a lot bass weight and impact. Is because the small 40mm drivers just like the hd540 ref 2 i have. You need bigger drivers for more bass weight and impact.

just that the they seemed have gone total flat on the base, for bass-heavy music, its almost impossible with these: only, to hear how it sounds, in a natural way,

believe that it should at least sound natural flat, not more than flat of nothing to air :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back