Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)
Jul 31, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #2,956 of 3,295
So tell me, what's so good about them, to your ears?

The hph-200 is alright, for the price it is excellent, but it's not one of my favorites compared with my other phones.

However, I LOVE my EP-100's. I've got virtually no problems with their sound signature, I simply love them.

Jul 31, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #2,957 of 3,295
  So tell me, what's so good about them, to your ears?

The hph-200 is alright, for the price it is excellent, but it's not one of my favorites compared with my other phones.

However, I LOVE my EP-100's. I've got virtually no problems with their sound signature, I simply love them.

Well, just now I'm comparing the MT220 to my TH 600 and beyond the TH 600 having better soundstage, the MT220 is holding it's own and may even have a little cleaner bass, but I need more testing to feel confident in that. I'll try to have more concrete impressions soon, but I am glad I took the plunge for this headphone.

Jul 31, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #2,958 of 3,295
  Why does no one have these used???!!

Ugh.

Because it was discontinued last year. You came a little late to the party. I used to see it frequently on the for sale forums here for barely over $100 at times. Now you'll be lucky to find anyone selling it. As it stands now, the only used one I see on Amazon is going for just $10 less than new.

Jul 31, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #2,959 of 3,295
Still - look at something like the D2000 - that was discontinued but you still see them pop up often.

It probably just didn't sell so well, unlike the Denon, which was why they discontinued it.

There was someone on here who was going to sell me one, but then he couldn't find it when he looked :frowning2:

Jul 31, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #2,960 of 3,295
  Still - look at something like the D2000 - that was discontinued but you still see them pop up often.

It probably just didn't sell so well, unlike the Denon, which was why they discontinued it.

There was someone on here who was going to sell me one, but then he couldn't find it when he looked :frowning2:

I dunno how well the MT220 sold. I guess not as well as they had wanted... Doesn't seem like they put much marketing into it, though. Many companies are like that, for whatever reason. It also doesn't seem like the HPH-MT7 is a serious successor; more like a downgrade similar to the HPH-MT120.

I think the main reason the MT220 isn't often sold on the used market anymore is because owners don't want to let it go.

Yeah, I actually noticed those posts on your thread. (There are rumors going around that I have the power of omnipresence. lol)

Aug 1, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #2,963 of 3,295

This looks like a good deal:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-HPH-MT220-Headphones/dp/B009F8WRXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470076554&sr=8-1&keywords=yamaha+hph+mt220

For the quality of sound the 220 is capable of, that is a solidly good price.

Aug 1, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #2,964 of 3,295
I would buy them in a blink at that price, however that is the UK Amazon and they will not ship to the USA.

However, if someone wants to be simply awesome and buy them and ship to me, I would be quite a happy head-fier.

Aug 1, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #2,968 of 3,295
  I have tried, it says the item is not deliverable to my address.

Contact them, they have to put that on the Amazon listing, but I'll bet they will sell directly to you if you ask.

Aug 1, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #2,969 of 3,295
Nevermind that. Haha, one of the listings allowed me to buy! And brand new too!

I have to wait like 2 weeks for them, but I'll be in the club! Super excited. I really think I will like these.

Thanks pOOb73! I appreciate you guys pointing me in this direction. It's a better deal vs. buying them from the USA Amazon.

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #2,970 of 3,295
  Nevermind that. Haha, one of the listings allowed me to buy! And brand new too!

I have to wait like 2 weeks for them, but I'll be in the club! Super excited. I really think I will like these.

Thanks pOOb73! I appreciate you guys pointing me in this direction. It's a better deal vs. buying them from the USA Amazon.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back