Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)
Nov 24, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #2,521 of 3,295
https://fongaudio.com/demo/

listen to rebecca pigeon at the bottom of the page :p

=======

i am using angledvelorpads....arrt might have ordered the hybrid, not sure. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #2,524 of 3,295
Sooo i just bought myself a pair and ... wow. Just wow. Coming from the new Sony 100AAP, which i ordered as an alternative to my HD700 for portable use, office use and just lying in bed, these sound AMAZING.

I listened to some songs first on my Sony 100AAP's and then on the Yammys and wow. The difference is night and day imo. The bass is tight, controlled and it just sounds so good.. not HD700 good but GOOD. Where as on the Sonys i just don't like the bass.. especially in comparison!

So thank you guys for helping me find these. Gonna give them alot of burn in and i'm exited to discover them after they burned in for a good in time.

Seems like the Sonys are gonna go back to Amazon because i have to keep these. 

EDIT: I am not saying that the bass is bad on the Sonys but i like the presentation on the Yammys more.

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #2,525 of 3,295
  Sooo i just bought myself a pair and ... wow. Just wow. Coming from the new Sony 100AAP, which i ordered as an alternative to my HD700 for portable use, office use and just lying in bed, these sound AMAZING.

I listened to some songs first on my Sony 100AAP's and then on the Yammys and wow. The difference is night and day imo. The bass is tight, controlled and it just sounds so good.. not HD700 good but GOOD. Where as on the Sonys i just don't like the bass.. especially in comparison!

So thank you guys for helping me find these. Gonna give them alot of burn in and i'm exited to discover them after they burned in for a good in time.

EDIT: I am not saying that the bass is bad on the Sonys but i like the presentation on the Yammys more.

Meh I want to try a paiiiiir!!!!

still sad I missed that 100$ B/H deal :p.

Idk though, I might wait a bit for new HPs.....

One day I'll get a pair or 3 :).

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #2,526 of 3,295
the pandora 6 is along the same vein as the yammie, but "better" and at twice the price.
-----------------------

a few headfones i am eyeing.....

bluetooth..definitive technology symphony 1
it has got a deep soundscape.. rich bodied sound, and the comfy level is like a lcd2 type of sucktion...nice.

fostex t40rp mk3
this headfone is goona be a hit sooner or later...
tot the sound was out of the head, kept looking around the shop when the music floated around..lol.
it is like an improved dt150. 

just cant find any BFsale on these...sighhh.

Nov 26, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #2,528 of 3,295

iam waiting for the brainwavz pads, if they still feel uncomfy i will sell the mt220, intressted ?:p
meanwhile u want to buy my dt150 ? xD

Sorry, I'm not looking to buy the dt150!

I might be interested in the mt220 though, it depens.
I want to buy it after christmas when I have some christmas present money piling up :wink:
Also, I can get it for $180 in Sweden so it depends on whether the price including shipping will be lower than that. :p

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #2,529 of 3,295

Sorry, I'm not looking to buy the dt150!

I might be interested in the mt220 though, it depens.
I want to buy it after christmas when I have some christmas present money piling up :wink:
Also, I can get it for $180 in Sweden so it depends on whether the price including shipping will be lower than that. :p

yeah sounds good, so i can wait for my brainwav pads to arrive and  try them out, before deciding.
I also live in sweden =) so the shipping will be cheap :p  the mt220 is barely used, just burned in for 300h without using and then tried it, and it feel so uncomfy for me :p comes with paperwork and warranty

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #2,530 of 3,295

Glad you're enjoying the mt-220's - they are awesome indeed.

Regarding the 100aap's, I was hoping to use them portably at the gym, but they don't isolate well enough for that (I realize now that my amperiors are "the ones" for the gym). The mt220's are superior to the 100aap's in the sound department, so I should probably return the 100aap's. But for some reason I find that I am really drawn to their signature and am enjoying listening to them quite a bit. So we'll see. Apparently I have until Feb 2016 to return them to amazon.es, so no rush lol.

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #2,533 of 3,295

Anyone want to take one for the team? I think they look great. Nice and clean! Preorder at this point but the price is ridiculous.

http://m.markertek.com/product/ymh-hph-mt7/yamaha-hph-mt7-studio-monitor-headphones-black

Looks like a decent price, i've requested a quote on shipping to australia, hopefully not too expensive. Still not sure if i like the looks of those round earcups, would have preferred they stayed with ovalish ones like the mt220 and i hope they're not like the ones on the pro500.

did u get a quote on the shipping ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back