Yamaha HPH-200 (Pictures and review) [Updated]
Jan 6, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #166 of 210
Well got a pair coming. I hope I like them.
This nailed it for me since I love my pioneer for TV/Movies/Music, but wished they were more portable.
Yamaha HPH-200 vs Pioneer Se-A1000
Se-A1000s are a relaxing version of HPH-200, with similar sound signature but not as pronounced. Bigger soundstage and an overall more neutral presentation with a slight veil. Coming from HPH-200, I really enjoyed my Pioneers. HPH-200 are more intimate, kick harder and make you feel closer most of the times, while Se-A1000s sound quite distant in comparison.

Jan 6, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #167 of 210

Yamaha HPH-200 vs Pioneer Se-A1000
Se-A1000s are a relaxing version of HPH-200, with similar sound signature but not as pronounced. Bigger soundstage and an overall more neutral presentation with a slight veil. Coming from HPH-200, I really enjoyed my Pioneers. HPH-200 are more intimate, kick harder and make you feel closer most of the times, while Se-A1000s sound quite distant in comparison.

Hope you like them!

I can add that the Yamaha HPH-200 responded really well to EQ each time I've tried to tweak the sound a bit.
It's more versatile than the Pioneer in that regard.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #168 of 210

Hope you like them!

I can add that the Yamaha HPH-200 responded really well to EQ each time I've tried to tweak the sound a bit.
It's more versatile than the Pioneer in that regard.

Got them tonight Me x3!!! Yamaha HPH-200(Open Back) Used Like New from Jim(Very cool dude and shipped fast) a member here. These are a keeper. Great Soundstage/Airy. Nice Lows(No BOOM, just natural mid bass/bass), Highs(very nice and not overly screeching trebly) and Mids(Nice and Smooth). Very comfy too. I wanted something like my favorite Movie/TV Pioneer 1000 Headphones, but more portable and these fit the bill. Who knew Yamaha?! I think my search is over, well for now. Very happy Indeed. Thanks Me x3 for posting this thread!

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #169 of 210
  Got them tonight Me x3!!! Yamaha HPH-200(Open Back) Used Like New from Jim(Very cool dude and shipped fast) a member here. These are a keeper. Great Soundstage/Airy. Nice Lows(No BOOM, just natural mid bass/bass), Highs(very nice and not overly screeching trebly) and Mids(Nice and Smooth). Very comfy too. I wanted something like my favorite Movie/TV Pioneer 1000 Headphones, but more portable and these fit the bill. Who knew Yamaha?! I think my search is over, well for now. Very happy Indeed. Thanks Me x3 for posting this thread!

Glad to read that you like them!

Happy Listening!
beerchug.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #170 of 210
Pulled the trigger on these for 105€. Since my HE400s are going back i can easily afford them. :p

I love the open sound of the HE400s, the natural timbre and the bass. What i hate about them is the missing sparkle on top. They just sound way too smooth for me and imo the highs just sound unnatural. 

I am in love though with the Yamaha MT220's so these will be my second yammys. *.*

Really looking forward to them. I am hoping for a similar sound presentation like the MT220's but with the open sound. 

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #171 of 210
Looking forward to your take on them menuki.

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #172 of 210
My first impressions without any big burn in (about 4-5 hours) are very positive. For 100€ they are a steal and they really are a hidden gem among open ear headphones. I'm still getting used to the new feeling on my ears because they are on ears. They are not uncomfortable but they are less comfortable than full sized headphones. Which was predictable. :p

Overall i really like their sound signature. Voices sound really good and overall the sound signature is very balanced. I would have guessed that they would be more bright or sibilant looking at their frequency response but they aren't. They are way way less sibilant than my MT220. I'm not sure yet which headphone i prefer out of the the two. On the one hand the MT220 hast this really nice atmosphere and tight bass but imo the mids are less forward than on the HPH 200. When i listen to music with voices i really prefer the forward mid approach of the HPH 200.

Gonna post some more impressions after burn in and further listening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #174 of 210
  I have an important question about this old post. What is the difference between the HPH 200 and the HPH 200P headphones? I cannot find information about the HPH 200P on internet.

Good question. I'm interested.
You can try asking Yamaha.

Report back!

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #175 of 210
Not much from what i can tell, it looks exactly the same as the other models. The only thing that came to mind was the cable length could possibly be longer. The regular model has a short cable that comes with and extension cable. When i looked at the P model pictures it looked like it could possibly just have one long cable instead. I dont know for sure though.

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #177 of 210
Just picked up a pair of hph-150's on sale and I must say they seem to be just as impressive as the hph-200. They look quite similar and are open backed however not quite as open as the 200 by the looks, the plastic grills only look semi open but they still manage to maintain quite an open and spacious soundstage for a small on-ear headphone. From my initial impressions they have a bit more kick in the low end and a bit more sparkle up top compared to the 200. Great clarity and tonality for a sub $100 can and overall very musical and enjoyable to listen to. I was planning to pick up something like a pair of Grado sr60's for a cheap carry round headphone but I think these compete very well for their price.

Hi. Do you know if they are the same size as the hph-200, headband, earpads etc. Any difference other than the sound.

Apr 3, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #178 of 210

Hi. Do you know if they are the same size as the hph-200, headband, earpads etc. Any difference other than the sound.

Yeh they are the same size and look pretty much the same, the only major difference is the outside of the earcup. The 200 has a very open metal grill where as the 150 is plastic in a turbine shape thats not quite as open. The other difference is the 150 has a 2 or maybe 2.5m cable where as the 200 cable is only about a metre but it comes with a 2m extension cable.

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #180 of 210
I bought a pair of these for someone else at a good price, based on recommendations here and elsewhere for a good cheap headphone. My first impressions are that they are much too boomy. Has the whole world gone bass-head? The bass is way overdone and unnatural. I hope this is just the break-in phase, otherwise they are going back. The soundstage and clarity are otherwise good for a cheap headphone, although the treble is too subdued. The hugely overdone bass is distracting and ruins everything for me.

Update: these are getting better with break-in. The bass is becoming less annoying and treble is more normal, so I'll let them break-in some more. Hope it improves - it does have great potential for the money. The soundstage and vocals are excellent for this price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back