Yamaha EPH-100 - Which tips can fit these?
Jul 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

nicholars

Headphoneus Supremus
I have noticed that the Yamaha EPH-100 only comes with one set of tips and that these tips cannot be purchased from Yamaha (pretty poor really but not much I can do about it)....

They have a weird sized nozzle and I have read that people have problems finding new tips for them.... Can anyone confirm which tips can fit or be maybe modded/stretched to fit the EPH-100?

Thanks

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #3 of 30
I have noticed that the Yamaha EPH-100 only comes with one set of tips and that these tips cannot be purchased from Yamaha (pretty poor really but not much I can do about it)....

They have a weird sized nozzle and I have read that people have problems finding new tips for them.... Can anyone confirm which tips can fit or be maybe modded/stretched to fit the EPH-100?

Thanks

I think someone managed to get some Sony hybrids to fit. I could be wrong though.

Really would be nice if they made some foam tips for the Yams, they need it imo

Oct 28, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 30
There's been discussion about this in the main thread. Options are limited due to the nozel

These tips fit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Replacement-Double-Flange-Ear-Buds-Tips-Cushion-Sennheiser-In-Ear-Headphones-/200827414601?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2ec23f2849

And this foam option fit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/earbud-replacement-tips-tip-In-ear-earphone-memory-foam-SMALL-MEDIUM-LARGE-/160837891193?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2572af7479

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #5 of 30
Thanks mate!

I'm just about to order some of those foam tips. Tell me, does using them instead of the original tips hinder the sound quality at all?

Also, do they feel comfortable when on?

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #6 of 30
Thanks mate!
I'm just about to order some of those foam tips. Tell me, does using them instead of the original tips hinder the sound quality at all?

Shoot this member a PM, he's the one who discovered them and I believe uses them on his EPH-100.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/163931/putente

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #7 of 30
Quote:
Thanks mate!

Shoot this member a PM, he's the one who discovered them and I believe uses them on his EPH-100.
http://www.head-fi.org/u/163931/putente

I think that's me... 
biggrin.gif

Well, first I must say I use foam tips with all my IEMs, as I've found that in my case this kind of tip gives me the best comfort, fit and sound quality. That being said, those tips from eBay fit the EPH-100 very well (it's a tight fit, but that's actually good). For my ears, the smallest size is too small. I started using the medium size, but now I use the largest size. This, obviously, is for my ears. It can/will be different for others...

Those foam tips are a lot more comfortable than the stock ones, as those did make my ear canals hurt after about 30 minutes of using them. With the foam tips, that never happened again. About the sound, I think the foams improved the bass a bit, but just slightly, and I didn't notice much change in the mids and highs. The big plus for these foam tips from eBay is their fir and comfort, and also, they're cheap... 
smile.gif

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #9 of 30
FYI.  I got some of those foam tips from eBay seller "lostearbuds".  Even though, I am not tall (5'11"/1.80 mt) and do not have large ears for my height, I have large ear canals.  And those tips lean toward being small for their nominal size.  So, not even the large ones were big enough for my ears.  The seller has those tips available on Amazon.com, too.  Right there, one reviewer said that the medium size tips were smaller than the medium size tips from other brands/sellers.

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #10 of 30
Quote:
FYI.  I got some of those foam tips from eBay seller "lostearbuds".  Even though, I am not tall (5'11"/1.80 mt) and do not have large ears for my height, I have large ear canals.  And those tips lean toward being small for their nominal size.  So, not even the large ones were big enough for my ears.  The seller has those tips available on Amazon.com, too.  Right there, one reviewer said that the medium size tips were smaller than the medium size tips from other brands/sellers.

Like I posted in the EPH-100 thread, I use the M and L size with the EPH-100 and other IEMs without any problem, and I find those tips to be very good, considering their price. But the size S is really small indeed...

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #11 of 30
Selling my Yamaha EPH-100s if anyone is interested. :)

Mar 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #12 of 30
I find the yamaha's ear tips to be very comfortable. They fit any horrible fittings earphone like AKG q350 and Jlab J5.Not only making them comfortable, the eartips make 'em sound fabulous. If anyone got any unused yamaha-100SL ear tips (small, extra small is preferred), I 'll buy it from you! :)

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #13 of 30
I am looking to buy ONE of the small (2nd to the smallest) eartip. I/ my roommate somehow lost it. I hate the unbalance sound=/ it bothers the hell out of me.

Or if anyone has new suggestion on tips, please share!

Thanks

Apr 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #14 of 30
Which comply tips fit these?

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #15 of 30
A link was posted in this thread which foam tips fit:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/577712

Users who are viewing this thread

Back