Yahoo Unlimited Storage
Jun 10, 2007 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Denim

500+ Head-Fier
My Yahoo account is now unlimited storage. Think it's feasable to email my music files (or save as draft) to create an off-site backup?

Don't think it's something I'll try, but other's may be finding ways to use this new found space.

Come to think of it, I could rent out the disk space. Off-site storage - 10 cents a Gig. / year. 5 cents Gig to recover. I'd only need 10,000,000 Gig to become a millionaire.

Better yet, auction the space on eBay.
evil_smiley.gif

Disclaimer: Don't expect me to be serious aout this.

Jun 10, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 9
Wow unlimited? Thats more than Gmail :O

It would be kewl if a program comes out that you can use to upload stuff to your yahoo account, like that one that came out for gmail users.

Jun 10, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Yahoo account is now unlimited storage. Think it's feasable to email my music files (or save as draft) to create an off-site backup?

Don't think it's something I'll try, but other's may be finding ways to use this new found space.

Come to think of it, I could rent out the disk space. Off-site storage - 10 cents a Gig. / year. 5 cents Gig to recover. I'd only need 10,000,000 Gig to become a millionaire.

Better yet, auction the space on eBay.
evil_smiley.gif

Disclaimer: Don't expect me to be serious aout this.

Everyone can get the same account. Who's your customer ?
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #4 of 9
dang, nice. are attachments still only 10 (or 20) mb?

on that note... i think gmail should increase attachment size, considering how much space they offer!

Jun 10, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

on that note... i think gmail should increase attachment size, considering how much space they offer!

I think gmail increased the attachment size to 20 MB. Still, not enough for music/video. :/ Well, maybe very low bitrate audio and 30 second video clips. :p

Jun 10, 2007 at 8:31 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think gmail increased the attachment size to 20 MB. Still, not enough for music/video. :/ Well, maybe very low bitrate audio and 30 second video clips. :p

They sure did.

Code:

Code:
[left]What's the maximum attachment size? With Gmail, you can send and receive messages up to 20 megabytes (MB) in size. However, the precise amount allowable will depend on the attachment. When you add an attachment, the size of a file may increase because transport encodings are automatically added. (Transport encodings are the information that allows your message to be safely sent and read.) This means that in some cases, attachments that are 17 to 20MB in size may push the total message size above 20MB. When this happens, Gmail displays a warning that your message exceeds the 20MB limit. Please note that you may not be able to send larger attachments to contacts who use other email services with smaller attachment limits. If your attachment bounces, you should invite them to Gmail.[/left]

Jun 13, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow unlimited? Thats more than Gmail :O

It would be kewl if a program comes out that you can use to upload stuff to your yahoo account, like that one that came out for gmail users.

Hasn't Google changed it's format several times so programs like that wouldn't work?

Jun 13, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #8 of 9
What kind of bandwidth/access do you have to your storage there? Do they choke off how often/how much you can access it?

Still, a pretty generous offer from Yahoo.

Jun 13, 2007 at 11:15 AM Post #9 of 9
It's unlimited storage, but there's a cap on the amount of e-mails you can have in your inbox. I beleive it's capped at 10 000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back