YAHOO HEADPHONE ARTICLE
Dec 15, 2011 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jamesmk

New Head-Fier
hello, im very much a newbie to high end headphones and this forum or any headphone forum if im honest, but i just came across this article on yahoo and from what i ahve already learnt in a few days i must say i do disagree alot with this article. not to mention they included beats by dre.

just wondered what you more experienced people thought about this, let me know! 

thank you james kelly :) 

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/five-of-the-best-headphones-on-the-market.html

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 11

Quote:
hello, im very much a newbie to high end headphones and this forum or any headphone forum if im honest, but i just came across this article on yahoo and from what i ahve already learnt in a few days i must say i do disagree alot with this article. not to mention they included beats by dre.

just wondered what you more experienced people thought about this, let me know! 

thank you james kelly :) 

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/five-of-the-best-headphones-on-the-market.html

More like "Here's a Bucket of Brands that Paid us to do This"

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 11
Saw sen M550 O_o

Then saw beats pro :mad: *close article*

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
Saw sen M550 O_o
Then saw beats pro
mad.gif
*close article*

The Pro itself isn't as horrible a can as everything under it, but it's extremely overpriced. Also insulting is the fact that Yahoo names it as a true "Pro" headphone, which it is definitely not. No professional mixer or studio would use headphones with such a v-shaped sound. If you're trying to record something, you go for a neutral can. It's obvious, but none of the brainwashed herds of people seem to understand basic logic. Dr. Dre says "yo all those studios use my cans" and they all fall in love.

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
The Pro itself isn't as horrible a can as everything under it, but it's extremely overpriced. Also insulting is the fact that Yahoo names it as a true "Pro" headphone, which it is definitely not. No professional mixer or studio would use headphones with such a v-shaped sound. If you're trying to record something, you go for a neutral can. It's obvious, but none of the brainwashed herds of people seem to understand basic logic. Dr. Dre says "yo all those studios use my cans" and they all fall in love.

I know this, but it doesn't make me any less upset. Literally 100 dollar headphones will do you better. And the fact that their bassy....really bassy, which isn't good for recording in my opinion.

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 11
^ agree completely , anyone with a bit of common sense would realise dr see sayin err yeah they use these in all the big studios doesn't mean it's true , their target audience is clearly people who not only have a good bit of spare money but also feel buying these will make them some sort of music pro. You can tell by the way they are marketed, like if you own them you are part of some eclusive social group who "hear it like the artist intended" yeah right 

Dec 15, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #8 of 11
This article is pure marketing...thats it. Im sure we all know of 5 headphones better than the ones listed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back