Apr 1, 2007 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

smeggy

Member of the Trade: ThunderpantsTP1
[size=x-large]
icon10.gif
Our friend caramelsoul is the winner.
icon10.gif
[/size]

Ok, this time the giveaway is an Echo Indigo soundcard.

0,1425,sz=1&i=18736,00.jpg

Info here this is not the IO version, this is the standard 2 output version.

It's a cardbus device (PCMCIA) so a laptop with a slot is necessary otherwise it's just a paperweight. It's a great little card and sounds very nice, good power too. You can download drivers here. Windows and os-x compatible.

So how do you get this little marvel? You have a crappy setup and need something better than your onboard sound that's how. This is specifically for people who can't afford to upgrade and need a little boost. If you can afford to buy it you don't qualify.

If you have 50+ posts, are a budding audiophile short on cash with a suitable laptop, post here in the thread. I'll choose the winner next weekend. Apr 8th. Open to anywhere in the world, shipping included.
biggrin.gif

Good luck.

Apr 1, 2007 at 9:23 AM Post #3 of 40
I currently own a laptop that I use mostly for homework, although sometimes for being in bed while lazy. I've stored some music on it, but I don't know why. The onboard sound is horrible, and I just use my iPod instead. I'll start using this laptop as my primary computer once I reach college, in a couple years. I've just recently spent the last of my money this weekend.

Apr 1, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #4 of 40
I picked up some 595s last month and quickly realised that onboard sound wasn't going to cut it - it's far too dark and has bloated bass. I've currently got a nice hi-fi setup, courtesy of my dad, but I'm moving out soon and then I'll really be stuck. Rent will pretty much kill my budget, especially with student fees. Pairing this with a portable amp (cmoy perhaps) would be fantastic. I could afford to cover the shipping (UK) but that's about all. Anyway, thanks for the giveaway, I've never seen this kind of generosity on any other forums. :)

Apr 1, 2007 at 9:40 AM Post #5 of 40
I am a taper (only trade-friendly bands of course
tongue.gif
) but I have to edit the shows I tape on a HP-laptop using the onboard soundcrap to monitor... but even worse, sometimes uploading a HiMD (digitally) fails for a short part and I have to resort to old-fashioned rerecording of said part, unfortunately my line-in on the HP distorts sound so horribly that even if I succeed at editing the part back in, it is so painfully clear that the track isn't really usable anymore...

so if Europeans are free to enter I'd gladly sign in!

Apr 1, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #7 of 40
My nephew just recently got his house broken into and lost most of his charished goods. He was a developing audiophile, an audiophile with a minimum budget.

This would be a great addition to a laptop I am about to buy for him.

Thanks for this great giveaway.

Cheers!

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #8 of 40
Well i just bought my first laptop second hand at avforums here and it will be primarily used when i am offshore as i work away from home two weeks at a time. The down side is it doesnt have a sound card. I didnt even know they existed for laptops. So this would be rather welcome.

Assuming i dont get this where can they be picked up? I may have to sell more gear that i own to fund this. Even had to sell my Graham Slee Solo coz im so skint. But enough of my sob story...
wink.gif

*EDIT* Hmmm, just looked these up on the web. They are quite expensive, especially this side of the pond.

Apr 1, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #9 of 40
I want this really badly...

I have a 3 year old laptop, and its internal soundcard has bit the dust.
Being a student, I have just not enough money. Moreover my speakers are now useless because of this.
Your offer is really a godsent.

Just condsider me. *smiles innocently* lol.

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 40
Hello,
I have a compact laptop that I am currently using and plan to use it during college and..... it doesn't even have a soundcard. It's not a HUGE issue because I can listen to music through DAP, but it would be so much more convenient and capable (actually having sounds instead of bips) if I could get this.

Thanks

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #11 of 40
This would be great, I have 80 gigs of music on my Acer, and I listen through the onboard sound. The onboard sound ruins my er6i's clarity and sometimes makes them sound like ibuds. My laptop is my home rig and I listen to it about 3 hours daily, using Pandora etc, and it goes with me on monthly plane trips for music listening etc. I am a high school student so money is tight. And I'm 0/ double digits in giveaways.v
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back