y1 gamma-1 DAC
Sep 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #47 of 1,546
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It remains to be seen, but I may only do panels for one of these configurations only.

My vote would go to the USB+DAC 'full' configuration. Perhaps you can do a group buy on that, and then fab to order for the other configs. Another possibility for the alternate configs is to release the design files and let people cut and paste.

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #48 of 1,546
γ1 v0.60 prototype boards have been ordered. In a little over 2 weeks plus shipping time, the prototype team will be busy!
cool.gif

C4331.png

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #51 of 1,546
Here is a 3D rendering of the boards. Some parts are missing and others are not exactly the right type or color, but this is good enough for illustrative purposes.

gamma1_v060_povray.jpg

Oct 23, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #59 of 1,546
For those who aren't keeping up with the γ1 thread at headwize, the prototype boards had arrived and are on their way to everyone on the prototype team. MisterX had built up a full version, a lite version and a USB-to-S/PDIF converter and they all work beautifully. I will begin building mine and do some testing, and with the team's input I will incorporate some enhancements/fixes to the PCB layout for the production board run.

Here is a view of the prototype (v0.60) boards:
C4354.jpg

Here is MisterX's "full" configuration DAC board:
IMG_3928.jpg

And his "lite" configuration DAC board:
IMG_3923.jpg

The USB board:
IMG_3926.jpg

The USB board populated as a USB-to-S/PDIF converter:
IMG_3929.jpg

Ignore the yellow jumper wire in the lite config DAC board. MisterX was testing without the power mux chip. On the production board there will be a real jumper header for this option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back