Xonar STX Head out vs Out with Pa2v2
May 7, 2011 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Hordsak

New Head-Fier
First off, I'm really enjoying my Xonar STX sound card.  I've been using it with the Headphone Out with various headphones, enjoying myself.  However, I have a technical question. I know the line out or speaker outs have a better SNR rating.  I've recently purchased a Pa2v2 amp, and I'm wondering if it would get better audio running off the line out with my Pa2v2 amp as opposed to the Headphone Amp built in?  I'm listening to some tracks and experementing now, but I just want a technical answser.  Any insight would be great!

Thanks!

PS.  I guess what it boils down to is this:

Do I benefit by bypassing in the headphone amp, for the increased SNR of the line out using a Pa2v2 as the Amplifier for my headphones?

May 7, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 3
The RCA out of the STX is better then the headphone amp out on the STX. HP amp out on the card is just for having a decent amp circuit  that can either be enough for some headphones or a temp option til you get a beter amp into the chain to drive headphones that isnt getting enough from the STX's HP amp out. I dont know how good the PA2v2 since I never used. I would say   RCA out of the STX into the PA2v2's Line in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back