Audiophile like you

Is there a big difference between the hd650-hd600 Justifying the price

difference

I live outside us we have moisture and heat so Closed cans is out

Welcome, have a good money burn!!

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #1,202 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bolded is as much of a waste of money as $25,000 audio cables.
But hey, waste a couple of hundred dollars on an extra 2 FPS......

Killer NICs do work(I 1st tested it in 2008 with new drivers)
smily_headphones1.gif

I brought it off eBay specifically to test it against onboard NIC and a Intel NIC. The killer NIC and intel NIC helps in intensive situations online with massive action on screens. I can conciously notice smoother mouse movement in intense action on screen. It's hard to determine this in a chart displaying fps! It like saying 9800GX2 is better than GTX 285 w/o looking at minimum fps! Spenting a bit more to justify having an edge in fragging others is worthwhile to ppl like me
icon10.gif

Regarding the OPA moon, Earth. Would the essence STX be able to supply enough power for these HDAMs?

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #1,204 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by wein07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Killer NICs do work(I 1st tested it in 2008 with new drivers)
smily_headphones1.gif

I brought it off eBay specifically to test it against onboard NIC and a Intel NIC. The killer NIC and intel NIC helps in intensive situations online with massive action on screens. I can conciously notice smoother mouse movement in intense action on screen. It's hard to determine this in a chart displaying fps! It like saying 9800GX2 is better than GTX 285 w/o looking at minimum fps! Spenting a bit more to justify having an edge in fragging others is worthwhile to ppl like me
icon10.gif

Regarding the OPA moon, Earth. Would the essence STX be able to supply enough power for these HDAMs?

I agree and believe you, but please keep the discussion on topic. This applies to everyone else digressing from the thread topic.

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #1,205 of 2,066
Hi guys, sorry for having been away from this thread for a little while, but now I'm back
ksc75smile.gif

In the meanwhile two important things have simple revolutioned the playback of my audio system:
  • the LM49720NAs have arrived
  • I've applied the digital correction using DRC
First of all, let me speak about the latter: I strongly advice all of you who do listen through speakers to try it, you won't listen without it anymore for sure. It simply removes any bump or enphasis due to amp-speaker-environment combination and its effect is smashing expecially on the bass frequencies. The gain in terms of impact, articulation and extension is unbelievable.
With the digital correction in place I was finally able to rightly evaluate the opamps.

To me the LM49720NA as I/V are really great opamps and a noticeable step forward with respect to the JRC. I was suprised not to feel any particular loss of bass, instead it becomes tighter. In general the sound is much more defined without any harshness and very enjoyable to listen.
Then I put back the Burson opa-101 in the buffer place and I started again to hear marvellous things: lots and lots of details are unveiled in - practically - every track, the sound is absolutely natural and flows out of the speakers with a fluency and liquidity which is unknown to my ears. And - most important - with the digital filtering ON the bass is absolutely in pair with mids and highs, furthermore it has an impact and articulation just perfect (at high volumes I can feel it through my body), without any issue regarding extension.

I don't know if the Burson is worth its price and there is a considerable difference with respect to be Audio-Gd ones, but - trust me - you should try a discrete opamp, they have some kind of magic.

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #1,206 of 2,066
THe Discrete units I have been testing are offering some great audio so far. I have more units in route. I will be performing a bunch of different test to find out which combination is my favorite. They seem to sound very natural as compared to many of the opamps I have tried.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #1,207 of 2,066
The 49720s are here. I let them burn in for two-three hours and gave them a critical listen.

Tonality overall is very balanced, leaning a little on the bright side. Highs are very energetic and forward, more prominent than on the stock and 1364. The midrange is fairly neutral, and the bass is very good. This was a surprise for me - I expected weaker bass. In fact it is more in quality and quantity than 1364, tight and natural. It is less than the 2114s, but they have excessive bass anyway. It is just maybe lacking the lowest octave, but the extension is better than 1364. But the best thing about the 49720s is the soundstage. Gosh, this thing is huge. You can throw a whole building in there. I have never heard anything like it. Detail-wise the opamps are also an improvement over stock.

Their somewhat brighter presentation combined with the laidback character of the HD650s makes for a great overall sound quality and tonality. Keeping them and expecting more opamps to come for further testing.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #1,208 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 49720s are here. I let them burn in for two-three hours and gave them a critical listen.

Tonality overall is very balanced, leaning a little on the bright side. Highs are very energetic and forward, more prominent than on the stock and 1364. The midrange is fairly neutral, and the bass is very good. This was a surprise for me - I expected weaker bass. In fact it is more in quality and quantity than 1364, tight and natural. It is less than the 2114s, but they have excessive bass anyway. It is just maybe lacking the lowest octave, but the extension is better than 1364. But the best thing about the 49720s is the soundstage. Gosh, this thing is huge. You can throw a whole building in there. I have never heard anything like it. Detail-wise the opamps are also an improvement over stock.

Their somewhat brighter presentation combined with the laidback character of the HD650s makes for a great overall sound quality and tonality. Keeping them and expecting more opamps to come for further testing.

Soundstaging with the LME49720's is excellent. With the OPA2107 in the buffer and 2xLME49720 in the I/V I've found that the slow-ish and laid back nature of the 3xLME49720 is countered and there's an accompanied increase in detail/transient response. I also forgot to mention that the OPA2107 improve the imaging and soundstage layering but decrease the soundstage size a bit, however, I feel this is a worth-while compromise for the benefits yielded.

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #1,210 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by mreendoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello this my first post

I want to ask What is the best Headphone for the card Of this price between

300-500 $ I have no experience In this area Because im noob I want to become

Audiophile like you

Is there a big difference between the hd650-hd600 Justifying the price

difference

I live outside us we have moisture and heat so Closed cans is out

You don't choose your headphone to get the best out of your source, you choose your source to tweak the sound of your headphone. Your headphone is what that determines your sound signature. Please visit the full sized headphone forum and tell them what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back