Xonar Essence STX: Sneak Peek!
Feb 23, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #2,012 of 2,066
wali
Wow... Really! With new op-amps 300-600 gaining change sound for the better.
Very interesting. =) More volume, more punch bass, more drive with the same volume-level (16% 64-300 and 8% 300-600). Thank you!

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #2,013 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingFiercer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wali
Wow... Really! With new op-amps 300-600 gaining change sound for the better.
Very interesting. =) More volume, more punch bass, more drive with the same volume-level (16% 64-300 and 8% 300-600). Thank you!

Glad to hear that.

You can also set the volume at 50% in xonar software and use foobar or whatever player you're using to adjust the volume... also make sure hi fi is enabled in xonar setting so all dsps are disabled. enjoy.

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #2,015 of 2,066
If you are a student or in the electronics industry you can get samples on certain units that you might like to test.
Look around for electronics houses that have the opamps you want. Some places are international and will ship where ever but that may be more expensive then finding a local distributor.
Can I ask what units are you looking for?

Mar 31, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #2,016 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are a student or in the electronics industry you can get samples on certain units that you might like to test.
Look around for electronics houses that have the opamps you want. Some places are international and will ship where ever but that may be more expensive then finding a local distributor.

Hello Robscix, can I take a question? "I tried very OPamp in free samples of TI, National and linear but are not very happy with both sull'RCA in headphones. Burson heard of integrated and / or audio and gd for the price I would Whereas the latter ... ... you say it's worth, the sound has a real improvement or have only minor differences? Sorry for my English, but I am Italian and I'm using a translator for both writing and reading you. Thank

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #2,018 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the tip.

I'm basically just looking to try out some of the suggested ones from this thread. All I have is stock, atm.

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #2,019 of 2,066
Quick question: If I replace the stock opams with two LM4562NAs will it make a huge difference, or should I search for two LME49720NA opamps?
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm using the headphone out + a pair of Sennheiser HD555s btw.

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #2,022 of 2,066
The LM4562NA and LME49720NA are said to be the exact same amplifier with the only differences being the label. That information was suggested to me by the manufacturers of the chip. they also said they would have di-continued the LM lineup but the chip won many awards and is well known. No that being said some suggest they hear differences. We are only talking about the DIP8 versions as TO-99 would be of higher quality.

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #2,023 of 2,066
Thanks for that ROBSCIX, the problem is that this friend of mine has only the LME49720MA version of the opamp which to my knowledge is not compatible with the dip8 socket so I'm stuck with the LM4562NA opamps.
A few people have told me that the difference between the LM4562NA and LME49720NA consists in the label but I didn't believe them because I knew they weren't experienced in this manner.

PS: If I buy some speakers in the near future, can I keep the stock buffer which is a LM4562NA or do I have to change it?

Apr 18, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #2,024 of 2,066
You can change it or keep the stock buffer. Although if you are considering using the LM4562NA in the I/V position using them in the buffer may be a bit much. As the aspects of the opamps will start to compound...if the opamps is bright, your sound will become really bright....etc However you may like the sound.
When using the line outputs, usually buffers are choosen to compliment the opamps that are used for I/V conversion.

Apr 18, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #2,025 of 2,066
I see... So basically if I have some bright opamps, like the 4562s, I may end up choosing some buffer that is more bass driven, correct? I also read that the buffer has no impact what so ever if I'm using the onboard headphone amp so basically the only real change in sound would be by changing the opamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back