Xonar Essence STX over the Prelude 7.1?
Jul 4, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #31 of 33
Its strange that all Essence STX owners in Head Fi are not veterans, I wonder what Iron Dreamer or someone else would say about this card...
confused.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its strange that all Essence STX owners in Head Fi are not veterans

you forgot "clueless"
la%20buvette.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLJTech /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I build audio, speaker and power cables (for two different cable company's) for a living so I understand that in our hobby you have to find the equipment that "you" enjoy and then forget about the gear. I've fallen into that trap myself of thinking too much about the equipment and what should be upgraded verses enjoying the music. For me the tell tale sign was that I enjoyed music more while in my car with a stock stereo than I did in a dedicated listening room at my house.

I've scaled back a lot now and I enjoy having my PC integrated in my main audio system but I feel it is time to either buy a better sound card or go the route of a stand alone D/A converter. I see that there is a big buzz about this Asus Xonar Essence STX just as I was just about to pull the trigger on buying a D/A converter. Now I'm not sure which to do.

See, if you can audition the gear your considering. Then make up your mind based on your own ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back