Xonar Essence ST Sneak Peek
Oct 16, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #1,696 of 1,781
Hello, this is my first post on this site 
L3000.gif
clip_image001.gif
I have recently bought an ASUS XONAR ST and I hope next week I will also get the SONY MDR XB500's (I already ordered them). Next year probably I will also get the SENN's HD 598 (if I buy them now my wife will kill me
biggrin.gif
clip_image002.gif
).
I just installed the ST drivers and I was terrified when I have heard a lot of pops and clicks and also during playing in the XONAR AUDIO CENTER. After this experience I have read the forums and it seems like this is "normal", I don't think so but anyway...
After this I have tried to watch a movie but then I have seen the next problem: I have CyberLink PowerDVD 10 installed but I cannot launch the program with the ST. I have to go in device manager to disable the ST and then I can start POWERDVD, but if I enable the ST again the PDVD close without any error message... I have also try PDVD 9 but I have the same problem... I have also tried UNi Xonar 1790 1.11 and UNi Xonar 1788 1.01 but I have the same results.
Another problem is that after restart (not every single restart, but...) the TV TUNER drivers are uninstalled or something because if I launch the TV application (PVR2) I get an error message "Cannot find any video capture device" and I have to reinstall the drivers and then everything works fine with the TV TUNNER.
Also another one: when I restart or shut down, my PC dose not actually do this: on the monitor is writing "windows is shutting down...", the monitor shut down but the PC doesn't (all the vents are spinning).
All this troubles I have since I put this nice sound card into my PC... Can anyone help me with some answers to my problems? I have seen a lot of people are using PDVD with STX/ST why I can't do this (now I'm using TotalMedia Theatre 3)?Next step will be a WINDOWS clean install, but until then maybe one of you have some ideas...

I have:
OS WINDOWS 7 X64 Ultimate Version 6.1.7600
MOBO M4A79T DELUXE, last bios
CPU Phenom II X4 955BE
KingstonHyperX 4GB DDR3 1800MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit KHX1800C9D3K2/4G
HDD WD1001FALS
PSU Enermax MODU 82+ II 525W
GPU MSI HD 5770
TV TUNER LEADTEK WINFAST TV2000XP EXPERT
Antivirus AVIRA

Sorry for my bad english.

Oct 18, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #1,697 of 1,781
OK, I'm back after the new Windows 7 install:

1. pops and clicks are still here at start and shut down of PC and also during options changing in ASUS AUDIO CENTER
2. the problem with the TV TUNER is still here from time to time, if it comes up I have to make a restart or two and then everything it's ok, without reinstalling the TV TUNER (or I just reinstall the TV TUNER driver...) I think this is from some compatibility issues between the drivers from the 2 products XONAR ST and Leadtek TV2000XP Expert. For XONAR I have installed the last beta driver 7.12.8.17731 and for Leadtek the last one from Leadtek site.
3. the problem from the shut down or restart (PC does not turning off) is still here and I have it also at start up (the vents are starting but the beep from the MOBO is not coming and the monitor does not power up). This is my biggest problem, because it's happening very offen
angry_face.gif
. I don't know if it's a problem from the MOBO (the PCI slots are not allocated correct, maybe I'm saying something stupid now).
4. CyberLink PowerDVD 10 is working
popcorn.gif

I'm thinking to change the MOBO or the TV TUNER...

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #1,698 of 1,781

Quote:

1. pops and clicks are still here at start and shut down of PC and also during options changing in ASUS AUDIO CENTER
2. the problem with the TV TUNER is still here from time to time, if it comes up I have to make a restart or two and then everything it's ok, without reinstalling the TV TUNER (or I just reinstall the TV TUNER driver...) I think this is from some compatibility issues between the drivers from the 2 products XONAR ST and Leadtek TV2000XP Expert. For XONAR I have installed the last beta driver 7.12.8.17731 and for Leadtek the last one from Leadtek site.
3. the problem from the shut down or restart (PC does not turning off) is still here and I have it also at start up (the vents are starting but the beep from the MOBO is not coming and the monitor does not power up). This is my biggest problem, because it's happening very offen
angry_face.gif
. I don't know if it's a problem from the MOBO (the PCI slots are not allocated correct, maybe I'm saying something stupid now).
popcorn.gif

Cicad,

Did you make sure to disable the on-board audio and remove all previous audio drivers before installing the Xonar ST??????

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #1,700 of 1,781

http://brainbit.wordpress.com/category/uni-xonar/

t installs 1790 for the version of your operating system.
USA ASIO or Wasapi, as it prefers your ear

angry_face.gif
popcorn.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #1,701 of 1,781
Hi OverDrive I have also tried that drivers, you cans see that above. The sound card have some mechanic relays (they have informed me about this on the asus forum). When I start up or shut down the PC I have to hear that relay clicking if it does not click at start up the PC is not starting (only the vents does) or the tuner will not work, at shut down or restart no clicks => the PC will not shut down properly... I will listen much more carefully those clicks and I will come back.

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #1,702 of 1,781
Based on what you posted I would think there is some type of conflict with the card and the tuner.  Can you move one or the other to another slot?  This should reset the cards resources and fix the conflict.  -If this is the issue.

Oct 20, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #1,703 of 1,781
On my MOBO I have only 2 PCI slots so I can only move one product in the place of the other. Should I switch the tuner and sound card slots? I will try that also. Yesterday everything was ok, I had no problems and I only made Windows update (a lot of updates...) I don't know if this could influence or not my problems... I will do the switch only if I will have the problems again (NEVER TOUCH A RUNNING SYSTEM) and I will come with results... Thanks.

Oct 23, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #1,704 of 1,781
I have moved the tuner and the sound card one in the others PCI slot with no results. I have installed an older version of the tuner drivers, same thing...  I'm thinking to sell my LCD and PCI tuner for an LCD with an integrated tuner... or to buy a tv box tuner.

Nov 5, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #1,706 of 1,781
It only took them 6 months.

And now they offer some new  features like "Halp-Life" and Right Click "Traicon"
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #1,707 of 1,781
my card always makes poppin noises when starting up and shutting down and also when doing some config in asus centre.. its normal

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #1,708 of 1,781

Quote:
my card always makes poppin noises when starting up and shutting down and also when doing some config in asus centre.. its normal

download latest driver from asus & that will fix popping

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #1,709 of 1,781
UNi Xonar 1792 1.25 drivers released.

- Updated ASIO Bit-perfect from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.2 (special thanks to bullseye)
-  Fixed C-Media Audio Panel not auto-starting on Windows 7 x86.

http://brainbit.wordpress.com/category/uni-xonar/

Nov 6, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #1,710 of 1,781
is it just me or can i hear a SQ improvement in the new update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back