Xonar Essence ST Sneak Peek
Nov 22, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #931 of 1,781
@Robscix
I Personly would pay no attention to him and do what he did to you and put him on ignore.But that what I would do if I was you. Since all he gonna do is go on and on and then shove it down your throat if your views are different then is.

@ Phusg Yea the LME49710HA's are some great op-amps along with the LME49720HA's, I been using them for a while now. Every Since Rob put them on adapters and sent them to me. I have the LME49720HA's in both of my I/V sockets. Then the LME49720HA's in my Buffer dip sockets. I have been thinking about pairing them with either the Audio GD earth or was it sun I forgot. But I havent really had a reason to give a sun or a earth a try with them.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #932 of 1,781
@Phusg, I have no issue with people stating their opinions. What bothers me is when people like that contradict and back track over what they have said in the past to start arguments with owners. Your asking why he switched to the HD2?
There are pages of post where he said that card was garbage and now it is a great card according to him? Either way, it is very hard to take the opinion of a person that can't seem to get his opinion straight.
Careful, if your start questioning him, you will go on his ignore list also.... If you say that you like the card obviously you are working for ASUS or some other nonsense....etc.
This thread was put here to show people upcoming hardware. I just posted another thread here which was a sneak peak of the Auzen Bravura 7.1

@Claymore, I do ignore him but I will also replay to dispute bad information and show he contradicts himself.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #933 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by phusg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From another thread:

ROBSCIX, this is an intriguing post. Could you elaborate on the difference between the 627SM, 637SM and LME49710HA on the Essence ST? Considering it's quite forward of itself maybe the 627SM is generally a better match than the 637SM?

Thankfully these three can all be bought off-the-shelf from Auzentech. Do these Auzentech built units fit under the shielding of the Essence cards?

Considering the price maybe I should just order a pair of LME49710HA and compare with the Audio GD Earth...

I tested the LME49710HA on the ST awhile back as I custom built a DUal TO-99 modules for my person use and for testing. I haven't used that card in quite awhile. Being a reviewer, I don't have the luxury of sticking with one card for too long. The shielding on the Essence cards is quite low, and it won't fit the dual channel TO-99 opamps such as the 627 and 637SM, you will have to remove the shielding permanently. The chip based opamps should fit fine.
I have built quite a few for members around here as Auzentech offering them is quite new.

The LME49710HA will not fit on the STX for I/V the sockets are too close together. You can install them if you get extension wires.
A nice combo might be to use a pair of dual earths for I/V and the LME49710HA for buffer. A few of the Essence owners are running these modules for Buffer and they liek them very much. They are highly recommended by those that have tested them...

Nov 22, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #934 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the brain is not meant to listen to AGRESSIVE trebles on a permanent basis, but this thread is mostly aimed at boosting Asus sales(w/ pointless blind web reviews "OMG IT ROX") and call any detractors "trolls"(coming from the goblins king I have to say that I'm flattered
biggrin.gif
), and Asus reads it on a daily basis to tell Robbie how much of a good boy he is(reminds me of that EPMD album "Strictly Business")
darthsmile.gif

Actually, you need to check your facts. I have not reviewed the ST. I only released a sneak peak that had no personal opinions of the hardware as I have done with many cards.
I also relased a sneak peak of the Auzentech Bravura 7.1. here at Head-fi Maybe you missed it? Here have a look->Link
I go out of my way to get exclusive information on upcoming cards and hardware for the audio community. Most appreciate the effort and the information but I guess you don't.
If you don't like them, do not read them.
Suggesting I am somehow biased because I call you on your BS posts or because I have a different opinion is pretty childish and trolling at it's best.
Other people have posted negative opinions and I have said nothing to the contrary as that is their opinion and I couldn't care less if they like the card or not.
Your opinion is somewhat suspect because of what you have posted in the past. Are people just supposed to disregard what you said only a month or so ago that is totally the opposite of what you say now?
You seem to be just posting these negative comments because you want to argue with people or perhaps there is some other reason?

Nov 22, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #935 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by phusg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From another thread:

ROBSCIX, this is an intriguing post. Could you elaborate on the difference between the 627SM, 637SM and LME49710HA on the Essence ST? Considering it's quite forward of itself maybe the 627SM is generally a better match than the 637SM?

Thankfully these three can all be bought off-the-shelf from Auzentech. Do these Auzentech built units fit under the shielding of the Essence cards?

Considering the price maybe I should just order a pair of LME49710HA and compare with the Audio GD Earth...

Here is a picture of some units I built for another member:
Picture-004.jpg

The forward three are LME49720HA's and the dual one to the rear is the LME49710HA module.
The earth is very neutral and many have been getting great results using that for I/V.

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #936 of 1,781
This is driving me nuts with this soundcard I think I will have to sell it and move on. I keep hearing small pops and clicks in my music through Foobar; intermittent and definitely not a part of the recordings. Latest version of Foobar.

YES. I have increased my latencies with NO affect.

Foobar output setting to 2000ms

1)Also did this in ASIO for the Soundcard w/o ASIO4ALL -- the stock asio setting maxes out at 300ms.
2) Also did this with ASIO4ALL in lieu of the stock, maxed out at 2048, always resample off, both hw/ buffer and kernel buffer maxed.
3) Tried Kernel Streaming plugin
4) Tried both Coaxial and Optical digital. USB seems to be working fine.

Anyone else have this going on? I'm in Windows 7.

Nov 23, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #937 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is driving me nuts with this soundcard I think I will have to sell it and move on. I keep hearing small pops and clicks in my music through Foobar; intermittent and definitely not a part of the recordings. Latest version of Foobar.

YES. I have increased my latencies with NO affect.

Foobar output setting to 2000ms

1)Also did this in ASIO for the Soundcard w/o ASIO4ALL -- the stock asio setting maxes out at 300ms.
2) Also did this with ASIO4ALL in lieu of the stock, maxed out at 2048, always resample off, both hw/ buffer and kernel buffer maxed.
3) Tried Kernel Streaming plugin
4) Tried both Coaxial and Optical digital. USB seems to be working fine.

Anyone else have this going on? I'm in Windows 7.

Did you try wasapi?

Nov 23, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #939 of 1,781
Anyone's using ST/STX directly with Denon D2000/5000? Is ST's internal amp powerful enough?

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #941 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try other output renderer and see if this helps.

Do you get these "blips" during other audio tasks?
Seem like you may have some type of conflict or other issue.

Just tried WASAPI and it still looks like a no-go. I think next I will put the music on a different hard drive and see if it helps.

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #945 of 1,781
Rob, your messages are full.

I did end up getting one, arrived today. I get really bad crackling when pausing or skipping ahead in a song. This is through the headphone out only. The RCA's do not have this problem. It is also independant of volume. It only seems to occur in foobar though. Going to do some testing...

EDIT: figured it out. Set foobar to 32bit out, seems to fix everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back