Xonar Essence ST Sneak Peek
Oct 27, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #828 of 1,781
Sorry to let you down guys but this is the estimated time for it to get to distributors (not retailers) in Oz.
I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed again though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mentioned around mid october for release I guess it takes a while for them to get to the dealers.
Nov 10th isn't bad if they are sending out both ST and H6 cards.

Nov 2, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #829 of 1,781
What happened to US release? October is gone...
I may hold out and buy myself one for Christmas, but still, I can't wait for this to be released.

I might have to re-read the last 10 pages of this thread, but what are the good opamps to try?
redface.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #832 of 1,781
Well as I feared it got freakin delayed again...
The H6 is already here apparently, but the ST is now estimated to be with distributor on the 20th, not the 11th.
This is for people in Oz, no idea when it'll be in North America.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalyst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to let you down guys but this is the estimated time for it to get to distributors (not retailers) in Oz.
I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed again though...

Nov 6, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #835 of 1,781
In Singapore, many of my friends are also waiting for ST after reading all the enthusiastic posts here, but our local distributor told us that they will not bring in ST due to ….low demand?!....not sure how they carried out the survey …....

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #836 of 1,781
I just found out that you can't set the sample rate to 88.1 or 176.4 kHz in the card's driver settings. If I am using WASAPI exclusive mode for output with 88.1 or 176.4 kHz source material, will the card resample to the driver setting?

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #837 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by jalyst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well as I feared it got freakin delayed again...
The H6 is already here apparently, but the ST is now estimated to be with distributor on the 20th, not the 11th.
This is for people in Oz, no idea when it'll be in North America.

Man thats bad news for us ppl here in the US
mad.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #838 of 1,781
With these sort of things...
You're at the mercy of the the local Asus agent and Distributor's level of competence.

That's worrying news actually....
Singapore is probably the main funnel point from where tech goods continue on to Australian's.

And if Singapore's not getting the ST, maybe the guys down here will do a back-flip?!
Geez I hope not or I think I'll gun a few people down
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wfolio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Singapore, many of my friends are also waiting for ST after reading all the enthusiastic posts here, but our local distributor told us that they will not bring in ST due to ….low demand?!....not sure how they carried out the survey …....

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #839 of 1,781
If I had the card I might be able to help you
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found out that you can't set the sample rate to 88.1 or 176.4 kHz in the card's driver settings. If I am using WASAPI exclusive mode for output with 88.1 or 176.4 kHz source material, will the card resample to the driver setting?

Nov 8, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #840 of 1,781
Has anyone heard the PICO DAC vs Xonar Essence ST or STX? I am using AKG K 701 and not sure which I should trigger on. I have had a hard time finding anything that is not harsh on the AKGs. I have this tube amp allready, so either ditch the amp and use Xonar ST directly or the PICO... which of those dacs is the LEAST bright and 'harsh'? Anyone ??

Its intereseting, no matter how hard I try, i have never been able to replicate the same smoothness and lovely sound from a computer as from even cheapish CD players. I dont know why. If its optical in a X-can V3 or a external USB dac. It just doesnt seem possible. It somehow becomes harshes via the PC, and looses som of the magic.

Anyways, PICO vs Xonar ST or STX?? anyone , please

Kris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back