Xonar Essence ST Sneak Peek
Oct 2, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #781 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using outputs seperatley is comon for recording apps but multimedia apps will see the card as surround not a card with multiple outputs. -If that makes sense.
tongue_smile.gif

J. River Media Center allows you to use each pair of outputs as a separate zone with each playing the same thing or separate tracks, etc. Using both a soundcard and the onboard multichannel audio you can have up to 8 zones from your computer. If you are a DJ, you can have one zone going to your headphones and another zone going to the speakers.

Telstar - with the H6, you can use the card as a regular 7.1 card.

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #782 of 1,781
Well there you go! Usually it is recording applications that see a card as seperate stereo pairs. I haev yet to see a playre that allows that type of configuration althoguh you just mentioned one. I will have to check that out myself. Thx for the info.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #789 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by taiyoyuden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My headphones get here tomorrow and there is no sign of this card's availability in the U.S. yet. nooooooooooooooo

...So your headphones will be nice and burned in for the new card
biggrin.gif

Can't wait!
icon10.gif

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #790 of 1,781
I feel your pain :frowning2:

I'm confident we'll have the ST soon, but we're still in the dark here (Oz) about the H6.

I'm being told we should know next week some time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by taiyoyuden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My headphones get here tomorrow and there is no sign of this card's availability in the U.S. yet. nooooooooooooooo

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #793 of 1,781
Just loop some audio. There is massive deabte copncerning burn-in some beleive in it others do not. Some say the caps etc. will change their sound after a certain amount of time. Can hurt to try it....

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #794 of 1,781
My Xonar ST has finally arrived. I had it on backorder for so long I had given up hope. I have just put in 3 lme49720na opamps and I'm about to install it.

I'm tempted to leave the stx card in the computer for comparison when run in. Anyone interested ?

My STx is outperformed by my musiland monitor 02us. I'm hoping the st will be better.

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #795 of 1,781
^^maybe i'm wrong but i don't think you can use two asus soundcards at the same time. anyway let us know how ST compares to STX and monitor 02us
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back