Xonar Essence ST Sneak Peek
Sep 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #766 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they will work fine as the H6 card meant for the ST is already on the market and shipped with the HDAV 1.3 Deluxe. The cards has RCA outputs not Banana jacks. Those are usually seen on amplifiers for connecting up speakers.

Would you get 8 channels out this way?

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #767 of 1,781
Quote:

Yes, they will work fine as the H6 card meant for the ST is already on the market and shipped with the HDAV 1.3 Deluxe. The cards has RCA outputs not Banana jacks. Those are usually seen on amplifiers for connecting up speakers.

I know there not banana jacks, i was saying I wouldnt mind if they made another add-on card with banana jacks with built in amplifiers on the card for that usage. So you can pick what you need the H6 card for etc.

Sep 30, 2009 at 11:39 AM Post #768 of 1,781
There's a new (24th september) review of the Essence ST here. Nothing much to read IMHO, although some people might value the RightMark Audio Analyzser (RMAA) graphs. Main good news for me is that Asus are currently shipping review samples!

In the subjective movie test (which I always thought were pretty pointless until I learned about jitter) he doesn't mention whether he listened through the analogue output or the S/PDIF. I assume the later as it doesn't sound like he had a H6 to hand and probably didn't listen to LOTR in stereo.

Can anyone confirm whether the better clock on the Essence ST is also supposed to improve the S/PDIF output, or just the analogue output?

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #770 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by Telstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you get 8 channels out this way?

Yes. The H6 DAC card that is currently avialbel for the HDAV 1.3 is the same card that is compatible with the ST. That si the same one I have for my ST Deluxe and the same one others in the forum have.

Oct 1, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #771 of 1,781
Australian retailers for the ST are coming through
wink.gif

Asus Xonar Essence ST - PCI,124dB SNR, 7.1CH [SNDASUXNRESB] - $242.00 : Megaware Computers, Australia :: Online Store

Asus Xonar Essence ST 124dB SNR 7.1 PCI 24Bit Headphone Amplifier (Xonar Essence ST)

Asus Xonar Essence ST 124dB SNR 7.1 PCI 24Bit Headphone Amplifier

auspcmarket.com.au/index.php?redir=http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/show_product_info.php?input]Aus PC-Market Online eStore[product_code]=ACH-XONARESSENCEST&input[category_id]=

He he, the rumours are true
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #774 of 1,781
Sweet pre-orders available already, gunna get mine in quick!
Pissed about the status of the H6 thus far though....

Quote:

Originally Posted by xHawky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Asus Xonar Essence ST - PCI,124dB SNR, 7.1CH [SNDASUXNRESB] - $242.00 : Megaware Computers, Australia :: Online Store

Asus Xonar Essence ST 124dB SNR 7.1 PCI 24Bit Headphone Amplifier (Xonar Essence ST)

auspcmarket.com.au/index.php?redir=http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/show_product_info.php?input]Aus PC-Market Online eStore[product_code]=ACH-XONARESSENCEST&input[category_id]=

wink.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #775 of 1,781
where'd you see all them?
Did you use the static_ice comparison shopping engine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xHawky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #777 of 1,781
Quote:

Yes. The H6 DAC card that is currently avialbel for the HDAV 1.3 is the same card that is compatible with the ST. That si the same one I have for my ST Deluxe and the same one others in the forum have.

To be more accurate, I want to use the two channels on board (which are of higher quality) AND the 6 from the add-on card.
It is possible, correct?

Any attempt to mod the H6 (replacing opamps and the sort) so far?

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #779 of 1,781
Quote:

Can anyone confirm whether the better clock on the Essence ST is also supposed to improve the S/PDIF output, or just the analogue output?

The CS2000 chip generates the master clock for the I²S output; the S/PDIF output is completely separate.

Oct 2, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #780 of 1,781
Quote:

To be more accurate, I want to use the two channels on board (which are of higher quality) AND the 6 from the add-on card.
It is possible, correct?

I am unsure if you can use it the way your mentioning without using some type of special software. Using outputs seperatley is comon for recording apps but multimedia apps will see the card as surround not a card with multiple outputs. -If that makes sense.
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:

Any attempt to mod the H6 (replacing opamps and the sort) so far?

Sure, I have had the H6 using different opamps from the beginning. Maybe I will snap a pic and show you what I am using on that card for opamps.
The layout is really good as you can use seperate opamps for the center and subwoofer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back