Xonar Essence ST Sneak Peek
Sep 23, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #752 of 1,781
Yes, they are the same card.
The H6 DAC expansion card is the one that will be avialable for the ST. Currently it is avilable for the HDAV 1.3...
Two members around here did the same thing. Pull the H6 cards from their HDAV 1.3's and use them with the ST.

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #755 of 1,781
Oh I hadn't forgotten my Aussie diggers! LOL
bigsmile_face.gif

I was wanting to find out more info before I posted there...

I still don't know RRP for both items & whether there's mush interest in getting the expansion board shipped too.
I'm pushing for that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay!
Why didn't you let me know on OCAU jalyst? haha
I'll be hanging around this thread for some info on the expansion card
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #758 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite a bit from my tests. The LME49720HA models are dual channels and they soudn pretty good. There is also a single channel model, the LME49710HA which is single channel and needs another adapter sounds better. Both are great though.

Is this talking about replacing a dual channel op-amp with two of its single channel counterpart & an adapter for better sound quality? If that's the case, can I replace all of them =o?

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #759 of 1,781
The LME49710HA modules are fairly wide so on this card they can only be used for the buffer.
There are ways to use the module for the I/V but you would have to use extension cables or a custom built adapter.

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #760 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by taiyoyuden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like someone tried connecting the HDAV1.3 expansion card to the ST and it worked.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Possibility of use H6 add-on card with Xonar ST

Yea I fiqure it would thats why I suggest them to do it.I wouldnt mind having a add-on card for the HDAV that has banana plugs running outta it. So i don't need to unplug my headphones or my speakers from my ampilfer when I decide to use one or the other.Unless theres on/off switches that let you do that already.

Sep 25, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #761 of 1,781
Yes, they will work fine as the H6 card meant for the ST is already on the market and shipped with the HDAV 1.3 Deluxe. The cards has RCA outputs not Banana jacks. Those are usually seen on amplifiers for connecting up speakers.

Sep 26, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #762 of 1,781
What do you guys think about starting a table with op-amp configurations? The table will include:

User/tester with the configuration or recommendation
Main uses (music genre, movies, games, etc.)
STX or ST
What op-amps used where
Description
Headphones/speakers used

Each configuration can be numbered so that users can comment on it or have it linked to a specific post. Do you guys have any ideas on how to better organize the table or information items to add to the table? Good idea??

Sep 28, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #765 of 1,781
Good idea or maybe we could get the admins here to set one up?

I won't have my card for another 4-5wks ...

Even then I'm not sure I can convince the distributor to place orders for the h6 :frowning2:
But if I can, I won't have it till 5-7wks from now! :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back