Xonar Essence ST Sneak Peek
Sep 22, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #738 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by e6600 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for what?
better not be us st release date =_=

Well, if that's sarcasm, then I guess your unhappy that you still have to wait a month for it =p *agrees*

Sep 22, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #741 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by taiyoyuden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess the wait won't be that bad since my school workload just quadrupled...

frown.gif
yea really. I wonder if I'll even have time to enjoy it before winter break.

It is still going to be painful to drop another 200 bucks after building a computer, even though I included that in my budget. Then Windows 7 comes out and I have to buy that too
eek.gif
Head-fi really is living up to its reputation. It's not that this audio stuff is insanely expensive, its that I still spend a lot on computers and such too...

I can't wait
atsmile.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #742 of 1,781
i was actually checking this thread every day for the past week
cant believe i missed that! im definitely buying one, but its hard to say ill get one on release date... just a few very tempting things like the new ati cards -.-

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #743 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by e6600 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was actually checking this thread every day for the past week
cant believe i missed that! im definitely buying one, but its hard to say ill get one on release date... just a few very tempting things like the new ati cards -.-

Well if you can't get enough cash between the ATI cards and the ASUS card, then you could go with an ATI 4770. Later on when you get more cash just get another and crossfire the two of them, beats a single 4890 in crossfire.

But a 4890x2 might be coming out, currently theres a 4870x2... Just whatever fits your budgets and needs. You could always wait til ATI gets to the 5k series which is better made for Win 7's DX11 (And vista should be getting it eventually via an update).

*sigh* Yea, so many good things coming out that are way above our income
frown.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #745 of 1,781
Quote:

If we find out the release date for Australasia is months after the U.S. date, I wouldn't mind shipping you one at cost. The only problem is if it costs an arm to ship it to you.

I guess I'd be fine getting you to ship one to me in Aus, providing it's through paypal and we set things up smoothly.

I dunno.. >.<

Sep 23, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #746 of 1,781
Thanks for the offer,

I've just been told by one of the main Asus rep. in Australia that the ST is about to be shipped & that the shipping will take 4wks.
So it should be in most retail outlets at the beginning of November. I'm still trying to get a response on the expansion card...

Quote:

If we find out the release date for Australasia is months after the U.S. date, I wouldn't mind shipping you one at cost. The only problem is if it costs an arm to ship it to you.

Sep 23, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #750 of 1,781
Quote:

Originally Posted by jalyst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the offer,

I've just been told by one of the main Asus rep. in Australia that the ST is about to be shipped & that the shipping will take 4wks.
So it should be in most retail outlets at the beginning of November. I'm still trying to get a response on the expansion card...

That would make sense considering the date for the US release.
Glad you got the info you were after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back