Xonar Dg with e11 with Dt990 250 ohm
May 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Newschool

New Head-Fier
Hello all!  I just got my Dt990's in the mail and love them! I can tell it needs a better amp and so my e11 is on the way!  I wanted to know whats the best way to use the Asus xonar Dg in my pc with the e11.  Is there a way to bypass the internal amp or do I just have to turn the gain down all the way?  Or should i just not use the e11 with it at all.  Because it turns up loud enough I just thought the quality of the e11 would be better.

Also should I burn in my headphones over night?  I was just going to use them until theyre burned in but if its a big difference in sq ill burn them in overnight.

Thanks for any responses!

May 15, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #4 of 4
Once you install your DG and get it running, you will have to go to setup and turn off the onboard sound.  I've used E11 with my Xonar DG, I enjoy the slight bass boost.  It's debatable, but I usually run my headphones in for about 100 hours.
Quote:
Hello all!  I just got my Dt990's in the mail and love them! I can tell it needs a better amp and so my e11 is on the way!  I wanted to know whats the best way to use the Asus xonar Dg in my pc with the e11.  Is there a way to bypass the internal amp or do I just have to turn the gain down all the way?  Or should i just not use the e11 with it at all.  Because it turns up loud enough I just thought the quality of the e11 would be better.

Also should I burn in my headphones over night?  I was just going to use them until theyre burned in but if its a big difference in sq ill burn them in overnight.

Thanks for any responses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back