XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
May 14, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #1,607 of 3,865
"Where do I find Windows XP drivers for the F-1?  I just received mine and the driver that someone linked in this thread won't install on XP."

Gentle suggestion. Microsoft has reached end of life for XP and they not longer even provide security patches for it. It is wide open for hacking now. No more vulnerabilities will be addressed.

It you have it connected to the Internet I would suggest at least upgrading to Windows 7.

Best,

Paul

May 14, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #1,608 of 3,865
He ships alright.
Mine was trackable via Singapore Post the courier he used for my shipment or one of those general tracking sites.
Took 2 wks and 4 days to be delivered in the Netherlands, and I escaped customs thanks to Shenzhen.

The I2S is separately packed though, but I'm not interested in I2S so doesn't bother me.

Just be patient.

May 14, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #1,609 of 3,865
This page has a link to the original drivers distributed for the F1.

The page mentions XP needing drivers, but the drivers page doesn't mention anything about not being compatible with XP.
It does mention needing to disable Driver Signature Verification on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. 
confused.gif

Cheers

May 14, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #1,610 of 3,865
I know, I work in IT so I understand the vuneralbilities.  It's just so much work to replace this PC (secondary, lightly used) that I have been in a holding pattern.  I will need to replace the machine as well as the OS and finding time is just my delay.  
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #1,611 of 3,865
  This page has a link to the original drivers distributed for the F1.

The page mentions XP needing drivers, but the drivers page doesn't mention anything about not being compatible with XP.
It does mention needing to disable Driver Signature Verification on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. 
confused.gif

Cheers

Can someone put the files up on Dropbox or some other source? I tried several times to get these from Baidu but the zip always has CRC errors.

May 15, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #1,614 of 3,865
seing this thread since a few days , i would like to know who much of you use the I2S out of the F1 instead of the Spdif out ?  with my little experience with waveIO usb card , the  
I2s ( isolated) output was the best by large margin vs spdif out .

May 15, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #1,618 of 3,865
  seing this thread since a few days , i would like to know who much of you use the I2S out of the F1 instead of the Spdif out ?  with my little experience with waveIO usb card , the  
I2s ( isolated) output was the best by large margin vs spdif out .

Pretty sure I'm the only one doing this, and I replaced the USB input on my DAC with the F1. At some point I will get get a second F1 for my other system and A/B against RCA. I don't think the difference was very large.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back