XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Jul 16, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #3,016 of 3,865

That's one reason I decided on the Live clock the small form factor was the other .
Red Net 3 takes up much room in my limited shelf space .
The power supply is 18 volts DC the unit says 6 watts max
I am happy with my Metrum Octave DAC
The interface has much to do with the SQ more then most people think . 

Agreed.  What the amperage draw at 18 VDC?  May be in the range of a Teradak DC-30W

Jul 16, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #3,017 of 3,865

Its 6 watts max draw should be less then a 1/2 amp . there are some nice r-core ones on E-Bay I am looking at rated @ 18v 2.5 amps
I have too many things burning in now . Just had my VTL -100 tube   amps modified and up dated to use 2 KT 120 tubes ea.
I use Ohm Walsh 2000 speakers  Stereo REL Q201E  subs  a DSPeaker anti mode   DSP and a DIY Bent Audio TAP passive Pre.
I am loving this combo . 

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #3,018 of 3,865

Agreed.  What the amperage draw at 18 VDC?  May be in the range of a Teradak DC-30W

FYI. On the Antelope site they describe the Live Clock as having "DC Universal input 12 to 18 volts"...

Looks like a nice unit. Seems like your OCX but smaller form factor and without the video functionality?

Jul 16, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #3,019 of 3,865
  So has anyone used the Singxer SU-1 with an Apple computer using Yosemite or El Capitan?

I have not been able to get the Dixio I was sent to connect on two different Apples, with Yosemite (10.10.3) or El Capitan (10.11.4 or 10.11.5). DIYinHK sent me a screen shot with the Pro 3Z showing up in OSX 10.9.3.

The battery pack (which they said was a free extra and not QC'd) is definitely inoperable (the optical port doesn't light up). The optical port lights up via USB power but, again, the unit does not show up on either computer, where other gear does. So it's going back. 

I might have to read the Rednet posts more carefully.

well once I received the pro3Z I will be able to compare it to the F-1. 

Jul 17, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #3,020 of 3,865

Nice!  Do you have any info on the clocking they use?  G1 PLL? OXCO?

This info comes from the clock designer himself. ( https://www.by-rutgers.nl/rutgerS-Clock.html )
He comes from the world of designing for short wave receivers etc, an area that requires low noise.

It is a VCXO oscillator entombed in resin.

Noise diagram: the red line is of this oscillator.

Cheers

Jul 17, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #3,021 of 3,865
  The Grimm CC1 can reclock AES/EBU as well.

Very exciting unit indeed, it approaches the MSB femto level. wonder what is the damage and how good it is.

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #3,022 of 3,865
  This info comes from the clock designer himself. ( https://www.by-rutgers.nl/rutgerS-Clock.html )
He comes from the world of designing for short wave receivers etc, an area that requires low noise.

It is a VCXO oscillator entombed in resin.

Noise diagram: the red line is of this oscillator.

Cheers

Very cool!  Nice phase noise numbers.  I assume you'll use it to both reclock the AES and as a Wclock input for the D16

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #3,023 of 3,865

Its 6 watts max draw should be less then a 1/2 amp . there are some nice r-core ones on E-Bay I am looking at rated @ 18v 2.5 amps
I have too many things burning in now . Just had my VTL -100 tube   amps modified and up dated to use 2 KT 120 tubes ea.
I use Ohm Walsh 2000 speakers  Stereo REL Q201E  subs  a DSPeaker anti mode   DSP and a DIY Bent Audio TAP passive Pre.
I am loving this combo . 

The TeraDak DC-30w has an R-core and adjustable voltage output. 

FYI. On the Antelope site they describe the Live Clock as having "DC Universal input 12 to 18 volts"...

Looks like a nice unit. Seems like your OCX but smaller form factor and without the video functionality?

Yes I saw that - the OCX can output two different SR's simultaneously - helpful in a studio setting.  Say playback at 192k and recording at 96k, etc... It also has more clock outputs.

I like the calibration function on the Live clock.

Jul 17, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #3,024 of 3,865
Very cool!  Nice phase noise numbers.  I assume you'll use it to both reclock the AES and as a Wclock input for the D16

I'm going to try all combinations :D

Jul 17, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #3,025 of 3,865
One good feature of the Antelope live clock In combo with the Red Net 3 is that I can change sample rate with the clock independently
of the Red net . I have a DAC limited to 176.4 . The RN3 does not support this sample rate only the D16 at 500.00 more
It is a good combo .

I am still shopping for a LPS the stock wall wart is @ 18 volts

I guess its all in the clock ! The detail and smooth presentation is unreal . Big time foot taping and occasional goose bumps .   

Jul 17, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #3,026 of 3,865
  One good feature of the Antelope live clock In combo with the Red Net 3 is that I can change sample rate with the clock independently
of the Red net . I have a DAC limited to 176.4 . The RN3 does not support this sample rate only the D16 at 500.00 more
It is a good combo .

I guess its all in the clock ! The detail and smooth presentation is unreal . Big time foot taping and occasional goose bumps .   

Nice find on the Live Clock..
I have one of these PS powering a tube preamp, seems a hearty unit, may be an option for your 18V requirement:
https://www.sbooster.com/botw-pp-eco-18-19v/

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #3,028 of 3,865
It is a good combo .

Sounds great, what source/software are you using? TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back