XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Jul 15, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #2,987 of 3,865
I wonder the non usb Mutec 3+ will help after the F-1 ?

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #2,989 of 3,865
Jul 16, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #2,990 of 3,865
REDNET d16 without the mutec 3+ is not complete right ? with mutec 3+USB or the mutec 3+, it is not critical for rednet right ?

Jul 16, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #2,992 of 3,865
  I wonder the non usb Mutec 3+ will help after the F-1 ?

My experience is yes - Mutec as SPDIF reclocker.  I have the better clocking USB version (this we covered extensively a few month back here on the clocking difference).

Could equal the rednet, would by my guess.

Well my friend I tried it - and with the better Mutec MC-3+ USB clock.

Not by a mile - no guess - but my extensive direct listening experience...and that was with my uber USB chain feeding the F-1

PC>PPA V2 USB card (TeraDak X1 - Nichicon HW caps)>Forza Twin Copper Split USB cable>Startech LEX>BJC CAT6 UTP 550Mhz>Startech REX (with one Jitterbug - Breeze 24VDC LPS+DC iPurifer)>LH Labs 2G split USB cable (data only leg)>W4S Recovery(TeraDak LPS DC-30W+Cerious Graphene PC+ DC iPurifier)>Curious 200mm USB Link>iPur 2>F-1>Audience AU24 SE Digital SPDIF RCA>APL DAC

Jul 16, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #2,993 of 3,865
  REDNET d16 without the mutec 3+ is not complete right ? with mutec 3+USB or the mutec 3+, it is not critical for rednet right ?

Well what do you mean by 'complete'?  The RN is better with the Mutec as a SPDIF reclocker - should be the same for the AES.  But it didn't help as a Wclock.

I would say just like the F-1 with or without the Startech - it's fine without and at a whole new level with.

For me the absolute killer set-up is the RN3 with Mutec as SPDIF reclocker (and Audience au24 se digital cable), Antelope OCX as WClock.

I would say for the same money the RN3 plus the Mutec or the OCX - would be better SQ - then just the RNd16.

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #2,994 of 3,865
Hello every one I just joined Head Fi . I have been reading rb2013 s posts for a while now and purchased many devices on his findings . With changes moving at a rapid pace
and having a DIXO p3a and a Uptone REGEN powered by there own IFI USB power supply . I decided to jump on the Red Net 3 band wagon all I can say wow
This morning I added a Antelope Live clock to the Red Net 3 as a world clock I am floored by the SQ . All I can say is thank you to Rob for all his great footwork on exposing
us to killer SQ . I take my hat off to you great work         

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #2,995 of 3,865

I take my hat off to you great work         

+1

beerchug.gif

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #2,996 of 3,865
  Hello every one I just joined Head Fi . I have been reading rb2013 s posts for a while now and purchased many devices on his findings . With changes moving at a rapid pace
and having a DIXO p3a and a Uptone REGEN powered by there own IFI USB power supply . I decided to jump on the Red Net 3 band wagon all I can say wow
This morning I added a Antelope Live clock to the Red Net 3 as a world clock I am floored by the SQ . All I can say is thank you to Rob for all his great footwork on exposing

What brand of cable are you using to connect your Antelope and what kind of connector?

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #2,997 of 3,865

Also I'm using a BJC coax digtial cable to connect the OCX to the RN3.  I have this much better Oyaide Silver BNC digital cable coming from Japan to try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152131833873?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I guess to sum it up -
biggrin.gif

Did you ever receive the Oyaide BNC cable? Like it?

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #2,998 of 3,865

I am using just cheap world clock cables 18 inches long from the Live Clock into and out of the RN3
one is a Canare the other   one from Vintage audio king house brand .
Like us all waiting on Robs review

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #2,999 of 3,865

Your comment are much appreciated!  Yes this really is extrodinary SQ - adding a Mutec MC-3+USB or even better a Antelope AD-DA Converter would likely raise the SQ to another level. http://www.sweetwater.com/c796--Antelope_Audio--AD_DA_Converters

Thanks for the tip-off on the Live clock - a cheaper solution then the OCX HD or Trinity - but appears to use the same technology.

If I see one come up used - I might give it a try.  The Gen4 anti-jitter is said to be a step up from the OCX Gen3.  They quote .02ppm stability!

I paid $690 for the OCX and I see the Live clocks sell for $900-$1000.

Cheers!

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #3,000 of 3,865

Did you ever receive the Oyaide BNC cable? Like it?

Not yet - they just shipped it from Japan.

Let me tell you folks - try a little cable rolling on the SPDIF/AES Front - they do make a difference.

Also the Power Cords for these clock units - AC Line filtering and isolation as well.

Just put the OCX on a separate PB4X4PRo AC line filter and isolator (be sure it has the APF logo on the front)- from the Mutec/RN.  Made a difference.

They're only $80 - I now have 4 separate ones.  The down side on all the RN, Mutec, Antelope - the SMPS's they use.  They can feed noise back into the local AC - that noise can effect these precision femto clocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back